flowering early??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryjane22

Reaction score
i have one plant of bagseed growing and i want to order some seeds already so i decided to order the seeds and flower early..its been in veg for like 2 weeks..will this make it a higher percentage of becoming male..are there ways or techniques to make the chances higher for getting a female..i have to have alot of luck to get a female :D

well, lower temps. will make it a higher chance of being female.
Dont ever shock the plant, dont Top. could make it go male if it has alot of trauma

If you put it under low tempature and 14 hours light on 10 hours off your channces of prouding a femal are 80 percent very high

i think thats utter bull, how can you get 80% females by giving them more light during bud? makes no sense to me. i know if you get good conditions throughout the grow from seed, then you can improve your chances of rearing a female, but that must be ALL factors considered.

According to Cervantes (who got it from a Dutch breeder) giving a vegging plant during weeks 2 and 3:

* less daylight (like 14 hours)
* lower temps
* higher humidity
* higher N

will increase the chance of it being a female. I'm sure there are a few other factors but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. There's an article out there somewhere by a Dutch breeder that says you can get 80%+ females from seed by using a 12/12 lighting scheme from seed. I'm sure there's a write up on it on Doc's site or IC.

Latest posts

Back