Flowering maturation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifsixwasnin9

Reaction score
How long does it take after the buds/leaves start turning a little resinous and changing color until harvest? My flowering is slow, I'm starting the 7th week and have seen slow progress but they have gained some resin on them over the last 2 weeks and changing color.

hi
im at start of week 5 in flowering,my buds are turning slightly orange,ive read somewhere before though that these wernt the trichs as i can see the orange on the buds with the human eye,and apparently you can only see the trichs with a microscope

is this true ?

thanks

babymonkey, you can see the trichs with the naked eye but not really well enough to determine the colors of them and decide on when to harvest. For only a few dollars delivered to your home you can get a 30x jewelers loupe off of ebay. I originally purchased a 60x scope from radio shack but I find it to be a tad bit too powerful and I will be ordering the 30x loupe before next harvest.

:yeahthat: I am in this same situation as to reading trichs and to determine when to harvest, I am now at 7 wks and looking for signs everyday to get an idea of what changes I will see, I am just using a strong mag glass and can see them pretty well, but still waiting for the right time, and learning.

ifsixwasnin9- There is no specific flowering time, it varys with every strain as i've learned here, If you are in the 7th week I would say now is the time to pay close attention to trichs.

Happy growing:D

I got a jewelers magnifying glass last yr. on Ebay for $10 to look at the dust on my digital camera sensor. It is very good for looking at things this small.
I read that flowers have matured after the white pistils have wilted then swelled and turned color.

Q: So when the trichomes are ready you flush then wait at least 2 weeks to harvest? Will the trichomes (and THC levels) change within that 2-3 week period?

Some strains are done in 7 weeks....some go much longer...some are in between....only way to tell is looking at the trichs with some sort of magnification....subcool posted a great thread called Amber Alert...its about trichs and harvesting.....check it out....
Peace

:yeahthat:

Hi bud,

While pistils changing color to red, orange, brown, etc. are an indicator on many strains that harvest time isn't too far off it isn't a reliable indicator for picking your meds at peak potency. Some strains can have many red pistils weeks before peak ripeness and potency and some strains pistils don't change colors til the very end. What is the magnification of your jeweler's loop? You can pick up a 20x - 30x pocket microscope with a built in light for around $10 or less online or you can pick one up at Radio Shack for around $12. You really need to magnify the trichs so you can see if they are clear, cloudy or in their latter stages amber to brown.

Here's some great detailed info on what to look for when you can see your trichs and when to harvest so you get your meds at the peak of potency:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52724

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back