Flowering problems/questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey Mcpotster

my bone marrow is resin
Reaction score
I've got 3 plants. Mandala satori and speed queen. going into 3rd week of flowering.
5 gal bucket Dwc,
600w hps
lucas formula 900 ppm @.5 conversion
5ml cal mag per gallon
r/o water
8 week flower time.

I was having an issue with the ph flucuation a couple of weeks ago. I have that problem solved. Ph is at 5.5 to 5.9 max. It gets knocked down .2 at a time as needed, usually once a day.
My grow room is full, wall to wall with these plants. There is not much light getting through to the bottom. Could that be causing the die off of leaves. When I look at them the say poss. potassium and nitrogen problem. However I am wondering if some of this is caused by lack of light, or the plants needing energy for making buds. There is also the possibility of temperature being low, 50ish down at the bottom of the plants when light is off. The room is low 70's with the light on, mid to low 60's when off. The temp is taken at the canopy level. I've started to turn my fans off during the dark time, trying not to pull up the cold air from the floor. I am seeing some purple stems on the leaves, not sure if that is just this strain or cold related. I was hoping to get some opinions before I up my nutes. I thought this may be related to bud growth, but it seems early for yellowing leaves.
thanks for the help.

DSC00753.JPG

DSC00754.JPG

DSC00755.JPG

could that be from earlier PH issues? and are they crampped togather? new grwth looks good..take care and be safe:48:

4u2- No the bigger leaves started turning a couple of days ago. Before was just small new growth on the bottom. Maybe its just taking time to adjust to the lower more stable ph.
They are crammed together in the room. And they do look like older bushes outside, the kind that die off when they grow together on top, lol. There has been an increase in the fan leaf size and top growth since the ph has been stabilized. Hairs are starting to get longer and more of them. :D

My last nute jump was from 800 to 900 a couple of weeks ago. with 6 weeks left would I be adding to much N if I went up another 100 ppm?
Also do you now if the temps near 60 are to low for flowering?
My rh is down to 30% give or take 5%.
thanks for the help.

DSC00747.JPG

Smokey I maybe wrong but I would try to keep the root zone about 60*, below that roots start to go into a dormanate(sp?) state and stop doing their job right. In the DWC I ran it seemed take growth stoped when I let the watr temp drop below 60*

Big thanks ozzy, never thought about it but its f'n cold here now. The buckets sitting on the concrete were at barely 60* I got the floor insulated. res now at 65*. Buds have been growing like mad the last couple of days.

i keep pruning my moms for this reason theyr under fluros and the low parts of plant give me small banches twisted leaves and they yellow and die, these same tiny branches can grow big nice leaves if light gets to them, upping ferts does help in keeping these parts green but i prefer pruning them concentrating growth on useful parts of plant and not raising ferts to dangerous levels

Thanks Zem. I'm noticing how different the plants act in flowering. I've got some clones rooting now. I'm going to do a few grows with this strain. Or however long it takes me to get it down.:rolleyes:

I noticed this the other day. What causes a flower at the base of the leaves?

DSC00761.JPG

Reactions: zem
:shocked: first time i see such a thing! dude get us a new closeup pic from your plants i'm lookin back it seems your 3 weeks in flowering, the buds must be forming by now, if all you seeing are lil pistils im worried you might've overcrowded them? just check for that cuz the 2weeks old pics looked very bushy and no budsites cheers ;)

pcduck just post a pic of a bud growing the same place on a Aurora Indica plant on page 616 of the BHC

pc duck what??? copycat.:rofl:
With my luck I was sure it was going to be sign of hermi. :rolleyes:

Here's a few pics of buds from this a.m.
I will get some plant shots at 7p.m. when the lights come on.
I'm happy with the bud development. I've got areas where 6" down or so is almost touching with the hairs on top.
This is day 24 of 55 for 2 plants that I think are speed queen. The third ( not pictured) is satori. (70day flower time).

DSC00764.JPG

DSC00765.JPG

DSC00767.JPG

Latest posts

Back