Flowering Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockeclipse

1000w Of Love
Reaction score
Ok so, I have 8 plants going in my DWC setup. Four were transplanted first and are quite larger than the other four. They are starting to show sex and I do not know what I should do about when to flower since the other four are not sexed yet. Should I be worried about vegging the first four too big while waiting for the other ones to catch up? Check out the link in my sig for up to date pics.

Just do some LST on your older ones until the younger ones catch up then do some LST on them to try to keep a even canopy while in flower...take care..

Sir_Tokie said:
Just do some LST on your older ones until the younger ones catch up then do some LST on them to try to keep a even canopy while in flower...take care..
I think I would have to tie the plant to itself to do that. Nothing to tie off on with the buckets. I never thought to do that....

Just drill a few small holes about 1/8" big around the edge of you bucket and tie them off that way. They will be fine...take care..

So I am guessint then that its not good to have an uneven canopy and this is my only option? I really wasn't planning on fussing with LST or anythink like that my first go around.

lst is not a problem, just dont get too agressive when bending them over to tie. i am having uneven canopy issues so i got mine tied off spreadding it out.

i figured lst would be better than pinching or topping. since this is my first grow ive got nothing to compare it to.

good luck

peace

The Hemp Goddess said:
Are all 8 plants in the same unit?
Individual 5 gal buckets. I really dont want to drill holes in my net pot lids but I guess I can throw some tape over the holes.

Use paper clips or something you can attatch to the lid without drilling holes.

Shockeclipse said:
So I am guessint then that its not good to have an uneven canopy and this is my only option? I really wasn't planning on fussing with LST or anythink like that my first go around.

My plants are never the same size. I set the buckets with the smaller plants on milk crates or other buckets to raise them up so I have an even canopy.

i think my main question is, what happens if I start flowering my big four while the other four are not quite showing sex yet? I can manage the canopy height issue but I dont want the plants to get too big for their space.

Shockeclipse said:
i think my main question is, what happens if I start flowering my big four while the other four are not quite showing sex yet? I can manage the canopy height issue but I dont want the plants to get too big for their space.

What happens? They will all start flowering when they are ready. Many people put unsexed plants into 12/12. No all plants show preflowers. I have had varieties that I have had to have in 12/12 for a couple of weeks before they showed sex. If you have Sativas, they can double or triple in size, so don't wait too long to start flowering. The smaller plants will produce less, but it should be the same quality bud.

Latest posts

Back