Flushing plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great find Jkjiv. 👍

Exactly what i said. Once the chemical or minerals are in the tissues they are there to stay. Flushing doesn't change shit,,as a matter of fact it can reduce the terpenes slightly while flushing and starving your plant.
But it wont matter because like i said before humans once they have a believe stuck in their minds forget changing it even with proof with science and testing.
They completely debunked the flushing bullshit and wasn't even trying too,, but i guarantee there will be ppl on here that will argue even with plant biologist who have been to college and have all the equipment to run the test and prove them wrong.
Thank you Jkjiv. Awesome video.👍

Watch how quite this thread gets now.😉

Last edited:
OK You won............LOL 😂😂😂😂😂
700595849.gif

Great video! I have to say I have never seen black smoke from weed. It is a growers choice what they want to do though.

Great video! I have to say I have never seen black smoke from weed. It is a growers choice what they want to do though.
I was under the impression black smoke and ash was from weed not being properly dried.

I was under the impression black smoke and ash was from weed not being properly dried.
I have only grown once before 20 years ago with bag seeds. Otherwise I have been buying pot. I have my space ready for drying and those will be my next questions probably.

I knew ppl who actually used pages from the bible because they were so thin. Evil bastards 😁

Clackamuss Coot on flushing.
=====================================================
Here's the most recent answer that I gave to this question a couple of weeks ago....

Chlorophyll b is the 'type' found in plants as we're defining it. Other structures are found in algae, cyanobacteria, et al.
\nHere is the molecular formula - <span style="background-color:rgb(249,249,249);">C[SUB]55[/SUB]<span style="background-color:rgb(249,249,249);">H[SUB]70[/SUB]O[SUB]6[/SUB]N[SUB]4[/SUB]Mg so we're looking at 55 Carbon ions, 70 Hydrogen ions, 6 Oxygen ions, 4 Nitrogen ions and 1 Magnesium ion. All 6 forms of chlorophyll have one consistent dynamic, i.e. a single Magnesium ion. Not two, not three - one. So much for the mythology about magnesium-hungry plants or worse in the wacky weed world where specific 'strains' can be magnesium-hungry. Looking at just chlorophyll b a better myth would be carbon-hungry or hydrogen-hungry and maybe even oxygen-hungry and nothing to do with magnesium.

My understanding of this worst example of stoner science is that by dumping copious amounts of water somehow water with it's simple H[SUB]2[/SUB]O formula is able to reach up from the root zone then into a plant's vascular system and deconstruct a fairly complex molecule - that must be some really unique water indeed!

In a dynamic called translocation plants can and do move materials from leaves to other tissues - that is established botany. Plants produce carbohydrates (sugars) in the leaves by photosynthesis but non-photysynthetic parts of the plant also require carbohydrates and other organic and nonorganic materials. It's for this reason that nutrients are translocated from sources (regions of excess carbohydrates, primarily matures leaves) to what are called sinks.

​Some important sinks are roots, flowers, fruits, stems and developing leaves. Leaves are particularly interesting in the translocation process because they are sinks when they are young and become sources later when they are about half-grown.

Carbohydrates are simply Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen molecules, i.e. simple sugars.

So let's say for sake of silliness that flushing can trigger translocation which must be a real threat for rice plants, where are the chlorophyll molecules going? They can't be destroyed because they're elements which cannot be destroyed or changed unless of course we're talking about cannabis which has special properties that negate almost every law of botany, biology, chemistry, physics imaginable.

My simple question is this: once this special water deconstructs the chlorophyll compound where do the ions go? Into thin air? That would be difficult since Magnesium is a metallic element but again we have to suspend even common sense to shore-up the flushing argument so who knows? Perhaps a special air canopy is created from flushing which can move magnesium around at will.

Even if water could deconstruct and force translocation of elements doesn't that defeat the purpose in the first place which is claimed that flushing will remove the nasties causing us to not have dank! If the mature leaves are the repository the why would you want to move these ions to the buds which you plan on consuming?

It's difficult to write this stuff without falling out of my chair with laughter. The argument fails on every level - even common sense.

Fire away! I'm wearing stainless-steel Fruit of the Loom briefs - I can take it!

CC</span></span>

[IMG]
So explain just how H20 reaches into the plant and deconstructs the so called nasties ??
[IMG]

Yesser,,that is absolutely correct. But again it means nothing to ppl who have flushing burnt into their brains.😁

I wrote earlier that they use hemp on toxic waste dumps because of its ability to absorb toxins including metals. You cannot flush things out in two weeks once it is in there. Just like, you would not want to eat vegetables grown over an old landfill. In the future the best practice for myself would be to try and only use organic nutrients. However, there might be a taste component involved in flushing that has nothing to do with chemical make up.

Best thing you can do is grow as natural as you possibly can.. smoke YOUR Weed and enjoy it,,,because life is to short to fk around with dumb shit.😁

Best thing you can do is grow as natural as you possibly can.. smoke YOUR Weed and enjoy it,,,because life is to short to fk around with dumb shit.😁
I think you are right. I thought about baking my dirt to get anything out of it to reuse. I put it outside to get rained on instead.

Some mediums people reuse more than once and I would think it causes salinity buildup depending on the nutrients.
I see this most often with coco (that gets a heavy flush and "charge" and for people who do a "living soil", which does not have salt nutrients added to it.

There is nothing wrong with controlling the taste of your weed. Trying to control the color of the smoke is a little strange though.

Latest posts

Back