Food Inc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Effen Gee

Movin' on up!
Reaction score
Saw this doc over the weekend, then I took all my meats out of my freezer and put them in the trash.

Thinking more vegan these days after watching this movie. Be warned....it has some disturbing slaughterhouse footage and statistics.

Lets just say, fast food is out of the question...forever.
Wanna know whaty they use to combat E.Coli in the hamburger meat? Ammonia.

Thats right, instead of feeding cattle grass, other than corn which causes E.coli....they spray YOUR ground meat with AMMONIA.

We need to do somehting about the food in this country, as the entire world of that industry has been carefully hidden from us.....because if you knew....you might not eat it.

Items I will no longer be eating:

GMO's (which are in almost every corn based product...which is almost everything)

Ground beef (could contain beef from thousands of different cattle, manuer and other contaminates....plus the ammonia.

Farm raised chicken. Watch the movie and you will know why.

Cron fed cattle. Im cool without my intestines bleeding out.

ALL FAST FOOD.

I will be growing my own veggies, just mroe of them and shopping at farmers markets and local butcher shops where I KNOW where the chicken/beef came from, whatr they were fed and where they were slaughtered....if I continue to even eat meat at all.

Bummer, everywhere I look I see evil. Medical, food, cars, entertainment, media....everywhere.

I hope the world DOES end in two years, hopefully it will be quicker than us killing ourselves in denial.

...I'll be in the woods.

tell me about it dude...I dont eat any chicken products from fastfood restaurants anymore...the beef sounds awful uggggg
I have been buying vegetarian fed free range no hormone added eggs...only like 30 cents more per dozen....I also go to a local butcher shop family owned....safe meat. I love the quest u r on...I am still eating and enjoying tomatos from the garden ;)

Wanna really scare yourself?

Google: food+Lwasuit

See what you get. It is horriffying, and I am not easily scared. Not even "Terrorists" scare me.

My food does though....and that's not ok.

Mcdonalds is in a class action lawsuit due to not following through on promises to lower the fat content of their fries, wich ARE delicious by the way.

I don't know if they still do, but I was told by a chemical engineer who was employed by McDonalds, that the potatoes are cooked in pig lard to make them taste good. (Equals a heart bypass further down the line); that the 'thick shakes' are made thick with potato pulp. He told me his job was to concoct a mixture of chemicals that would stop the fat leaching out of the burgers. Without the chemicals, he said, they ended up like little frizzled walnuts.

The Effen Gee said:
Wanna really scare yourself?

Google: food+Lwasuit

See what you get. It is horriffying, and I am not easily scared. Not even "Terrorists" scare me.

My food does though....and that's not ok.

this is why I like the idea of eating whole foods...not processed or messed with. we have local organic food markets that I buy my berries and sprouts from...

I read 'Diet for a new America' years ago. A book by John Robbins, who was son of one of the Baskin and Robbins ice cream chain guys. He had been bread to take over the business but what he discovered going on in the food industry shocked and horrified him and he could have no part of it. He spent something like 8 years documenting what he found because he knew people wouldn't believe. WOW

I guess I'm fortunate. I had to change my diet when I had a heart attack. So I don't eat red meat. My butcher is a friend, so I normally get better cuts of the chicken, turkey, or fish. I normally do 1 big fishing trip a year for tuna, swordfish, and shark. So I catch it, clean it, and freeze it. The farmers market is within walking distance of my home.;)

here at my place we raise our own. some cows...some chickens...all our own veggies...our family also hunts deer and turkey.... so we usually can have stuff in our freezer from november to september

I feel that this is without a doubt the MOST serious issue facing us her in america, and globally due to the fact that most ov these companies are global corporations by now.

Someting needs to be done, screw wars, abortion, homeland secuity, stupid trivial television shows and politicaL affiliation, this effects us all.

It is impossible to live wihtout these kinds of foods unless you make all your owe food,,,and never eat out.

....I am once again overwhelemd by the truth presented.

For as many health books as there are we, as a whole, are pretty ignorant about what goes on and what we consume. We take far better care in feeding our pets than ourselves.

I've also been studying PH and the body lately. Wild stuff. Just like in hydro if our PH is off we can't get all that we need from our food. The standard American diet (abbreviated SAD) is almost all acidic and we require a slightly more alkaline PH. And don't get me started on the junk we love so much. Just drinking one 8oz can of soda has so much acid that it takes over 30 glasses of water to counterbalance it's affect.
I by no means am a health nut but am constantly struggling to do better and set an example for my kids. Baby steps though. And as you pointed out, our food industry makes it an impossible battle to live/eat healthy for the regular Joe.

not to get personal but I thought this interesting and fit right in here in this thread. My daughter started her period when she was 7 yrs old. My wife at the time and I were both shocked thinking this was waay to young. My wife (started hers when she was 12 in the early 80's) We naturally took her to the dr, who told us that it has become normal for children this age to have this happen and was attributed to all the growth hormones found in the meats, and dairy that we recieve that up until this generation were not as present. Scarey stuff...I don't eat fast food, but it's sad that all the farmers have to steroid there stock in order to stay competitive. I do blame the corporate (Mega) farms for this. Here in the mid west we have seen many family run dairy farms go under because they can't afford to compete with the mega giants. I know a pork farmer who had to either join a co-op or get out, his family had raised hogs for 3 generations, and Bob Evans was his biggest purchaser. Big Corps. Are taking over everything globaly, where is the mom and pop hardware store? And these Corp are the ones who influence the way our gov.'t does things. It is a sorry state of affairs here in the good old USA. Unfortunately there is not much the little guy can do about it. Jefferson said that the people need to have a revolution every 50 yrs (I think) to make sure that the gov't was run by the people...when was the last revolution???

legalize_freedom said:
not to get personal but I thought this interesting and fit right in here in this thread. My daughter started her period when she was 7 yrs old. My wife at the time and I were both shocked thinking this was waay to young. My wife (started hers when she was 12 in the early 80's) We naturally took her to the dr, who told us that it has become normal for children this age to have this happen and was attributed to all the growth hormones found in the meats, and dairy that we recieve that up until this generation were not as present. Scarey stuff...I don't eat fast food, but it's sad that all the farmers have to steroid there stock in order to stay competitive. I do blame the corporate (Mega) farms for this. Here in the mid west we have seen many family run dairy farms go under because they can't afford to compete with the mega giants. I know a pork farmer who had to either join a co-op or get out, his family had raised hogs for 3 generations, and Bob Evans was his biggest purchaser. Big Corps. Are taking over everything globaly, where is the mom and pop hardware store? And these Corp are the ones who influence the way our gov.'t does things. It is a sorry state of affairs here in the good old USA. Unfortunately there is not much the little guy can do about it. Jefferson said that the people need to have a revolution every 50 yrs (I think) to make sure that the gov't was run by the people...when was the last revolution???

You are right on about the hormones and young women. It ought to be a crime. Same with me - 12 yo back in the 70's. And back then my parents had the same conversation with the doc.... because my mom had been 16.

And I am with you on Jefferson as well. We have WAY been complacent here to long. It IS time for revolution in my humble opinion. Every time I try to tell my family whats going on they get that glassy eyed look and spout off like zombie clones about how we are the greatest nation in the world.... like I AM THE ONE who's ignorant.

I gota add that Jefferson also never imagined the size this country would become. He also stated that "democracy" is best suited for small communities... he invisioned an agricultural based economy. It was Adams who put industrialization and big business interests first. Even then, it was messed up. We can idealize our history with all sorts of "freedom of religion" propaganda - but it's still propaganda and it's still the same people pulling the wool as it's always been. Rant over for now.

I watched it....nothing that i didn't know already. I shop local only, I know which farm all my meat comes from. All my produce is local grow except fruits.
Off-grid is not some kooks idea of being a hermit...It will one day be a way to survive.

They will also mix the ground meat together from different sources which I find scary. New zealand beef+wisconsin+cali..ground and processed together= danger IMO

that day to survive, is now mutt. i do up gardens every year. have as long as i can remember. i try to talk younger folk into planting just one thing veggie, outdoors. i think i reached around maybe 30 this year alone. even some on here. cubby was in there rooting them on too. (go zipflip):) ... zip did up his first garden, and she was a beauty...

to eat healthy, you don't have to own your land, or grow a garden even. i'm no vegan, or saint. matter of fact, (sorry f'ng, only funning) i just pigged out on two loaded chili dogs, and am now wondering what was in them? do i really want to know?;) ...

this season the tomatoe blight took out 30 bushes. where did this come from? never had it before. could it have been from the horse maneure? or the feed the horses ate?...

godspeed is my friend, and he had a garden he called recession garden 2 this year. he has been going more, and more towards self sufficient farming to care for his family. he was adding a few animals , if he could swing it this year. (havent seen me bud in a bit.hope he's all cool)...

anyway, will be on the look for the show effin g...

so basically fast food is like the shwag of the food world then... ??? :rofl:
i wanna homegrown burger yo!

but im wit ya on this effen
I hope the world DOES end in two years, hopefully it will be quicker than us killing ourselves in denial.

...I'll be in the woods

any one interested in seein it i just found an online stream of it in excellent quality too.
if ya prompted to run the addon dont worry its legit. its just an addon to run divx web player is all.
or check movie2k.com there quite few diff formats to run all streamin onlie.
hxxp://www.divxstage.net/video/b497xhifl5d2b#

me an the lady took smoke break from the flick. we watchin it now. well half way thru it and :eek: words cant explain the things goin thru my head right now. especially the hwole chicken part. and that was just the intro pretty much.
chickens so genetically altered they grow egg to slaughter in just 49 days vs the normal i think tehy said 3 times that naturally. and yet even by time slaughter the chickes so huge that they internal organs etc are so underdeveloped from the rest they bodies tehy jst plop over after 2-3 steps :rofl: actually thats twisted imo.
im not all gettin like "oh you poor lil chickens..." LOL just that wat we peopel have done wit teh world and hwo we live etc etc.

i guess if i had to say one thing. it would be this "DUDE.... We're so on our way to hell in a hand bag " its not just the food thing either imo. its everything.
im a go get me my own chickens and see if the city will give me permit to have few in my backyard. i am on outter edge of town :confused2: LOL[

Latest posts

Back