Foods you dig that nobody else does

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
Seltzer
Lox
Anchovy pizza
Pickled Serrano and hotter peppers

Of course there are other folks who like some of the above, but when I tell people I drink plain unflavored seltzer they always say "EEWWW!!".

corn beef hash for me:D

Olives, mussels and old cheddar 4 or 6 year old i cant remember and im out, not together ofcourse, but those are things i eat that nobody around this house seems to want.

groundhogs, ramps, poke greens damnit I'm hungery now

What are ramps Ozzy?

@ my house, it's liver 'n onions.. my o'lady will barely tolerate me cookin' it..:(
pickled pigs feet.. spam, potted meat...

Good N Plenty, Anything spicy and green makes me drool (ortegas, jalepenos, green chilli peppers, la Victoria green sauce :rofl: ), lettuce, tomato, olives..wait...actually, in my house, if it's wet she dont eat it...so I think it's an unfair comparison for me.

The woman doesn't have taste buds...;) she is right now eating a dry plain turkey sandwich. :barf:

I will eat anything. I love to try new and unusual foods that will usually scare most "normal" people away. I grew up eating muskrat, beaver liver, and all sorts of wild game.

Now, the one thing I eat regularly that is unusual, is I always request anchovies on my Italian sandwiches. They think I'm a freak at the sandwich shop down the street, and franky they are correct in their assumption! :D

Ironically, I can't stand the taste or smell of cannabutter. I make edibles all the time for friends and patients, but unless it is masked really well, all I can taste is that musty, moldy flavor of the butter.

YZZ, for the record, I drink unflavored seltzer all the time. In my opinion, there is no better thirst quencher than an ice cold unflavored seltzer water.

Be likin coon over open flame, do like fresh fish and fiddleheads too.

BWD

BWD,

Are you in New England? I didn't know anyone else ate fiddleheads but us in Maine. I love those things. We only had coon a few times as my Dad didn't like it too much. My wife doesn't eat anything out of the ordinary so I haven't had much wild game or foraged foods for a while.

MC

Maine, you and I would get along great! :D

mainechowder said:
BWD,

Are you in New England? I didn't know anyone else ate fiddleheads but us in Maine. I love those things. We only had coon a few times as my Dad didn't like it too much. My wife doesn't eat anything out of the ordinary so I haven't had much wild game or foraged foods for a while.

MC

Howdy Mainechowder hopin I spell it right. I live northern canada and pick fresh fiddles every spring. Live of the land more then store bought there is no other way. Fresh game always fresh and plenty as well as forset etables. Ate most things others to never think of. Thanks fur askin partner and nice to be meetin ya.

BWD

We use fiddle heads in a rissoto in the summer. Usually with wood oven baked fresh catch. Alot of customers luv them. They grow wild also here in the PNW a plenty inthe right spots.

mainechowder said:
YZZ, for the record, I drink unflavored seltzer all the time. In my opinion, there is no better thirst quencher than an ice cold unflavored seltzer water.
Yay! :yeahthat: Friend, thou speakest the truth. :aok:

A good feed on fried up morals be cookin in the rice and rabit meat be bout the best chow yual can get loves them morals.

BWD

Grab some shine pull up stum ur log what ever yual like take to pipe, puff puff get them dang gosh darn munchies then to fire up the kitchen, Ummm viddles!

Now dont yual go to runner off to the cool box or to be usein yual fancy ceelur tellyphones to ord store bought pitzas! BLMAOTYW

BWD

Latest posts

Back