for the record, Vertical growing, you WILL NEVER yield more than this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you guys talking about the bulb setup, or the actually growth of the plants being tall (not bushy)?

But what went on had nothing to do with this site, that was obvious.

if i should delete this post i will just ask.

cleaned up for ya bonzee :)

Xeblaro said:
Are you guys talking about the bulb setup, or the actually growth of the plants being tall (not bushy)?
hanging the bulbs vertical X'.. :)

JBonez said:
Said it before and I'll say it again, after seeing it for the first time, I once spoke too soon, and decided I'd seen enough research to assert my opinion.

Well boys and gals I'm back to make it official. 3.5 pounds off a 1k

Well a pal of mine recently did 33oz and 7gms under 1 x 600w normal light.

His secret fim supercrop and topping x 9 plants.

The strain is not a known big yeilder.

He is just gettinng dialed in and reckons his present/next will smash 2gpw.

The secret? Your veg game!

Plants vegged under floros till they were 3 feet before the switch with 6 plants around a 1k.

That number will only grow, I promise.

Special thanks to a special grower changing the game (if he ever reads this)
And I'm on track to pull 4 off the next run.

Wa gwaan!

T4

T4, I got a 600w tent going as well with 8 plants trained like a champ, it's funny you mentioned that, I can't post a pic, but I'll let you know, I doubt I'll get 33oz, lol, the genetics I run aren't the biggest yielders, some are, but I'd be happy with a lb outa this run. I'm building a dual vert 600w 4x8 tent, which should net about 4 lbs outa 10 2-month vegged plants under horizontal lighting. I'm just bragging because the fundamentals of growing are really paying off in the harvest with every run and it just gets better.

I'm having a little trouble here. Clearly 3.5 per 1k is great.

Is this thread promoting vertical lighting or the big veg/super cropping method?

If this thread is promoting vertical lighting, can someone please explain how this benefits the plant more than horizontal lighting with a reflector/hood.

valleyboy said:
I'm having a little trouble here. Clearly 3.5 per 1k is great.

Is this thread promoting vertical lighting or the big veg/super cropping method?

If this thread is promoting vertical lighting, can someone please explain how this benefits the plant more than horizontal lighting with a reflector/hood.

I think it has somthing to do with using 360 degrees of the bulb, instead of 180, but i dont know, someone will.

I wish I had the money and space to do it like this... youtube.com/watch?v=z8AkrfY4LZc

Found this online...kinda gives the basics.

Learn all you need to know about vertical growing

Vertical growing is a modern trend in the cannabis cultivation community that is a very effective means of growing.

It is, indeed, the most space efficient way to grow marijuana.

The whole idea to the cram as many plants as possible into the smallest space possible.

So how do you go about that? Well a table with a light above it sure doesn't sound very effective. Growing smaller plants on shelves? Better, but we can one up that.

How about growing your marijuana plants horizontally on shelves. That is the whole idea behind vertical growing. You have a high-wattage light source, with no reflectors, completely surrounded by plants.

Usually, a grower will have a tube running from the floor to the ceiling containing HID lights. Usually they will use 2400-4000 watts, and 3-4 600-1000 watt bulbs running through the tube. This tube gets very hot, so you need to air-cool the light with a powerful fan, something on the order of 650 cpm or more.

The shelving surrounding the light tube is often a 7-sided octagon, with one side left open so you can access inside the structure. You can use a square or anything else you want...but the octagon seems to be the best way to get a lot of plants and even light distribution between the plants. 3-4 shelves is best. The plants are generally cocked up a 45 degree angle. and allowed to grow horizontally naturally as they grow toward the light.

This can be done with soil or with a variation of an ebb-and-flow hydroponic system. If using soil, naturally you'll be doing more work in the long run, but you can construct the shelving pretty easily with wood.

Most marijuana growers use a hydroponic system. If you're growing in such a modern way, why go back to the stone age for the medium?

For a hydroponic setup, you'll need a reservoir able to hold at least 100 gallons of water. You'll need powerful pumps, about 750 gph for the higher shelves, and at least 350 for the lower shelves. The shelves should be hollow, as you'll be running water through them. You could make these out of PVC piping. You'll need an entry point for the hose on each level of shelving, and 3-4 holes on top of each straight section of tubing for the plants. You'll need to make a drain for each shelf too.

No need to get too complicated, I would use seperate pumps and for each level of shelving...but it would certainly be possible to only pump to the top level and allow it to trickle down slowly to each level, until finally exiting through the bottom level.

You can fit the holes you've made in the tubing for the plants with pots that have slits or holes and use a medium like expanded clay pellets, or you can skip pots entirely and simply use rockwool.

To give you an idea of what your system could look like, check out this hydroponic vertical growing system. The hydrogon system has a great design for vertical hydroponic growing. It's hard to find stackable light tubes, so while they are very expensive, when I eventually do my own vertical grow...I'll probably get my light tube from them.

However, they charge over $2000 for the hydrogon system. You could probably make something pretty easily that looks similar for $200-300. In you happen to be rich, go ahead and buy one. Otherwise, make one like the rest of us. If you're too lazy to make one...you probably should'nt be growing indoor marijuana. It's quite a bit of work.

The ultimate growing system, in my opinion, is a hydroponic vertical growing system, with a screen of green between the plants and the light tube. Hopefully I'll have one in a year or so.

Ill just grab a link to 'HeathRobinsons' vert grows if someone needs pointers as he is THE MAN.
If im not mistaken he yeilded 43oz from one plant and 32oz from the other.
hxxp://www.strainguide.org/rockwool-grow/heath-robinson-cannabis-critical-mass-tree-grow
T4

mountain man said:
But, your math is WAAAY off !!

Do explain yourself good sir.

And guys while we are here to discuss this method we aren't here to question this over horizontal, verticL dominates mathematically and no matter what math doesn't tell fibs.
The math is in the light that isn't being refleted, and the shear sq footage that a vert light nets,

So let's stay focused and I'm not going tit for tat with anyone, I'm certainly no rookie and doubt it would be a good idea. Thanks!

Vert is the trend for sure. Vert around RDWC is really whats happening.

I was fortunate enough to go to the Garden Expo in SF over the weekend. Sunlight is introducing a new Aircooled hood that the bulb hangs verticle in it. They did not discuss the cost, but it was pretty cool. They said the hood would be available in the next 6-8 months.

And GH finnaly came out with thier own Cal-Mag, and is introducing thier own Silicate also for all the R/O users.

I have 2 600 watt cooltubes, i have been thinking about going vert for the last 8 months, LOL, this thread has pushed me to actually do it at the end of August.

Question is would you guys suggest hanging the cooltubes, or go bare bulb with them both.

Hi dman id go with the aircooling to the cooltubes and fyi there is now a double bulbed twin cooltube which has 2 bulbs sit in it one each end using 2 x ballasts upto 1000w each bulb upto user btw its only £65 for the tube no wiring or ballasts of course.
Did anyone check out heathrobinsons vert critical mass grow i posted link too as its amazing.
T4

cooltube.jpg

Thanks T4, that video you linked is sick, when they say trees they mean it, biggest indoor plants i ever seen.

Yes heath is da man for sure in vert growing but ive read his diaries on many sites documenting all his grows and he dont do anything special just room dialed in and a couple of 6ft plants and time for action.
He has done coliseum type grows too which are pretty impressive apart from being caught with loads of plants much better to do 2 x 6 footers.
Lol
T4

Hamster Lewis said:
Found this online...kinda gives the basics.

Learn all you need to know about vertical growing...

Thanks hammy. I have seen those in magazines before. For some reason I was imagining a single bulb hanging vertically over a SOG.

Did you build your own Mr. Bonez?

Latest posts

Back