Freaking out on Weed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AuroraHT

Reaction score
Hi. I used to be a frequent pot smoker but the last 5 or so times I've tried it this year (only a few hits out of a bowl usually), I totally freak out! I feel my thoughts racing through my head super fast, and have all these images in my head of ideas falling off a cliff every second. In other words, all my thoughts are totally disjointed and only last a second each it seems. This makes it very hard for me to function- to talk to people in more than a few words, to walk/ make bodily movements while thinking about it at the same time, and even to be by myself or fall asleep. Every time this happens I ask my friends to drive me home. One time I had my car and thought I was fine to drive, but the streets kept expanding and signs at the end of them would seem to take eons to get closer. I've done other drugs many times- lsd, shrooms, coke, x, etc, but have NEVER freaked out on any of them- I'm always calm and controlled when Im tripping my *** off. Also, when this happens I have trouble falling asleep (stayed up until 7 am one time on only 3 hits), and my legs would twitch out when I was laying down (muscle spasms). Does this weed freak-out thing happen to anyone else? Can anyone explain it?

are you on any medication?? i heard sometimes that could really make you bugg bigtime...

Sounds like when I took lsd when I was a kid.LOL.I think maybe you should lay of the weed for awhile or like hamster said try some indica.Good luck man.

sounds like weed is not 4 u. I had a friend that couldnt smoke because he would pass out. Like literally for about 16 hours afterwards....A few of my friends dont smoke and they say it is because it makes them jittery, anxious..etc. they tend to like alcohol more. Weed does increase the heartrate. Mine is always in the 60's so for me it isnt an issue. good luck!

2Dog said:
A few of my friends dont smoke and they say it is because it makes them jittery, anxious..etc. they tend to like alcohol more. Weed does increase the heartrate. Mine is always in the 60's so for me it isnt an issue. good luck!

The effects between a Sativa and an Indica are very different.

My heartbeat is low 60's, it goes up to mid 70's when I smoke, sometimes early 80's.

The difference is quite astonishing on my body, I get hotter, sometimes sweat, sometimes feel dizzy with the added oxygen to my brain.

But as long as in my mind I know its only the weed causing it, I have no pangs of pending heart failure or doom :p

A lot of the threads/posts here concerning weed severe reactions is nothing more than the weed making people more aware of how their body works.

This in itself can cause anxiety, if people get it into their mind that they are going to walk through a door and enter an altered reality, then the alterations are enjoyed and not feared and its fun.

Nothing worse than that.

:peace:

This is a MJ forum.

The shooms should not be openly spoken about.

You know that by now 2dog.

I believe it is also possible to analyze yourself into this state...like if you think about it enough, it will happen. Especially if it has already happened and your looking for it. I am not saying this is happening in your case, just that I have seen it happen before.

Budders Keeper said:
I believe it is also possible to analyze yourself into this state...like if you think about it enough, it will happen. Especially if it has already happened and your looking for it. I am not saying this is happening in your case, just that I have seen it happen before.

this is true without a doubt, i almost did it the other night tryin to talk to a friends dad. i was focusing too much on how high i was that i ALMOST started buggin lol i shook it off and laughed. let the weed make you feel good. let loose and relax and just try to have a good time. :)

HippyInEngland said:
The effects between a Sativa and an Indica are very different.

My heartbeat is low 60's, it goes up to mid 70's when I smoke, sometimes early 80's.

The difference is quite astonishing on my body, I get hotter, sometimes sweat, sometimes feel dizzy with the added oxygen to my brain.

But as long as in my mind I know its only the weed causing it, I have no pangs of pending heart failure or doom :p

A lot of the threads/posts here concerning weed severe reactions is nothing more than the weed making people more aware of how their body works.

This in itself can cause anxiety, if people get it into their mind that they are going to walk through a door and enter an altered reality, then the alterations are enjoyed and not feared and its fun.

Nothing worse than that.

I understand the difference Hip:rolleyes: but both kinds will accelerate your heart rate as I was saying to the OP. some people cannot/or dont enjoy weed no matter what the type I have met people like this. You havent??? I am not going to encourage someone to smoke more of something that they have tried multiple times and felt "freaked out and twitching" on it is probably a physical and mental reaction but who knows? not me... seems like their body is giving them clear signs they dont like it.

^ yeah but i used to HATE the way i felt when i smoked. i would get paranoid and freak out. i gave it a second chance and i love it and havent looked back ever since...

Latest posts

Back