From flower back to veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weed power

Reaction score
I have 4 plants (2 months old) growing under 6 cfls I switched them to 12/12 for 2 weeks to sex them. I pulled the 1 and only male and put them back on 18/6. Is this going to hurt them? The growth rate has slowed down tremendlisy now.

I also have a plant that was given to me by a friend and it was in flower stage for 4 or 5 weeks under an hps bulb. I haven’t noticed any new growth in this plant as well. She is also under my 6 cfls. Buds look nice but no new veg/bud growth.

I don't really know if it will hurt them, but I do remember reading that they will probably stop growing or slow way down for a week or two as they change back to the vegetative stage...

To get them back to veg, I would suggest setting the lights to 24/0. I've done that a couple of times and it seems to work better than 18/6 for re-vegging. Like shadetree said, they will stop growing for a week or two as they revert back to the veg stage. Also, don't panic when you see some funky looking leaves for a couple of weeks. That's normal.

Also next time you can just take a clone from the plant and put it in flower and it will show its sex by the time it roots, will avoid the stress of revegging.

Yeah, listen to Growdude. Treating a plant like that is major stress, that's how hermies get made. Do a cuttings and flower those instead.

Latest posts

Back