General Organics vs General Hydroponics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked her about her second place, and she liked Thing 1 next best.

Current Totals:
Thing !: 9 points
Thing 2: 5 points
Thing 3: 7 points

Thing 1: Was good, 2nd best.
Thing 2: Had a smooth taste, got me motivated but the high did not last long. Oh and #2 has my babbling
Thing 3: Choked me with each hit but my body is numb and a nice head high also. The favorite.

Current Totals:
Thing !: 10 points
Thing 2: 5 points
Thing 3: 9 points

Skimpy report from industry guy:

Thing 1: Strongest (2nd)
Thing 2: Favorite
Think 3: Pretty good

Current Totals:
Thing !: 11 points
Thing 2: 7 points
Thing 3: 9 points

And the tenth and last report:

Viper guy:

Thing 1:Sweet, slightly fruity
Thing 2:Bland in comparison to 1&3
Think 3:Not as sweet as 1, and more floral than fruity. Best flavor. Thing 1 a close second.

Which completes the panel of ten. Will post any others that trickle in, but I'll take these first ten as my sample.

Final Tally:

Thing 1: 12 points
Thing 2: 7 points
Thing 3: 11 points.

Now to go back to the thing jars, take the lids apart, and find out which thing is which.

Things revealed.

Just opened the jars, the things are:

Thing 1: General Hydoponic Flora Series.
Thing 2: Traditional Organics
Thing 3: General Organics GO Box

smghthing.JPG

goghsm.JPG

Good job on the test man :) Looks like the chems won out over the organic on taste as well as yeild. I figured the chem would win in yeild but the taste suprises me. Although my guys say they like my chem/hydro flavor better than the organic flavor. I think the reason the chems win over the organic for yield is because of the availability of the nutes in chem growing........ At any rate, congrats on the test :)

Hushpuppy said:
Good job on the test man :) Looks like the chems won out over the organic on taste as well as yeild. I figured the chem would win in yeild but the taste suprises me. Although my guys say they like my chem/hydro flavor better than the organic flavor. I think the reason the chems win over the organic for yield is because of the availability of the nutes in chem growing........ At any rate, congrats on the test :)

The synthetics took it on yield without a doubt. I'd call the flavor close enough to be a coin flip between the GH and GO, dependent on individual taste. What did surprise me was that I'd aways heard that side by side the organics would blow away the synthetics on flavor, or at least that the synthetic would have an off flavor, and that simply was not the case.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up my compost pile or anything, but I think I learned enough doing the test to have made it worth my doing. Just waiting for some clones to root to start another thread.

Latest posts

Back