Germinating techniques

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waren000

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to get my seeds growing, and i am currently using a humidity dome, and a heating pad. The seeds are in the soil and I'm hoping they will germinate. My question is, is 90 degrees or higher to hot for the seeds to sprout.

A good temp would be from 70 to 80. u gotta make sure the pad is on a lower setting

90 sounds a bit high. Be sure to pull the dome once your beans sprout.

well if the place im going to be germinating is about 73 degrees, should i still use a heating pad and a humidity dome? or should i just put the seeds in a paper towel, inside a bag, inbetween two plates in the grow room?

if your gonna do the paper towel method
just use semi warm water on the paper towel,
then just keep it in a drawer and only open it
one a day to check how long the tails are.
you dont really have to be super accurate

Ditch the heating pad you will most likely cook the roots when they sprout. When room temp are above 70*F you do not need a heating scource IMO

I use it for both seedlings & clones.

your seedlings need it be somewhere
humid to germ. so if paper towel, keep it
in a plastic bag, if germing in soil either plastic
bag it or use a clear bottle or container.

Reactions: D3
well i will be using the paper towel method, im saying once they sprout should i put them under the dome or no?

okay. if your using a paper towel, put them in
close it, ziplock bag it, close it. then check once a day
to see if they have tails. once they all have nice tails
take them out plant them in soil, when in the soil then dont
need a humidity dome but it will work better. then once you
get a seedling sprout from the ground, no dome. later

Dont touch the white tails with your hands. You could introduce bacteria to the seed. Use the non powdered sergical gloves.

Ive always used the paper towel method. And it worked great for me.

I get like, 6 sheets of paper towel.
Place my seeds in the middle. So its 3, seeds, then 3 on top.
Then i place it onto a plate or large bowl, then use my spray bottle to absolutely soak the papers. Until theres a little puddle in/on the plate/bowl.
I then put them in a draw above my PC. Which is rather warm. Had to keep spraying every like 8hrs, due to heat drying up the papers.
Now i just put clingfilm losely over the bowl, that that it keeps in moisture, but still allows air in.

3 out of 3 sprouted in around 20hrs :)

JeSus said:
Ive always used the paper towel method. And it worked great for me.

I get like, 6 sheets of paper towel.
Place my seeds in the middle. So its 3, seeds, then 3 on top.
Then i place it onto a plate or large bowl, then use my spray bottle to absolutely soak the papers. Until theres a little puddle in/on the plate/bowl.
I then put them in a draw above my PC. Which is rather warm. Had to keep spraying every like 8hrs, due to heat drying up the papers.
Now i just put clingfilm losely over the bowl, that that it keeps in moisture, but still allows air in.

3 out of 3 sprouted in around 20hrs :)

Same here! I have always used that method and maybe 2 out of 15 seeds wont germ. But I wait till they are just under an inch and then place them in soil. I do my best not to handle them to much but it works great. No need to soak them, heat or anything like that. I just place them in the paper towel bag and set them in a closet. Aslong as its not to cold in the house your fine. If its a little chilly from the A/C just place it between some clothes or in a drawer.

Latest posts

Back