Getting ready to start this years grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they look very healthy

what are you feeding them?

we visited a fish hatchery on Lake Taneycomo just outside of Branson and I saw some of the biggest rainbow trout I ever saw

and down at the other end of the lake below the dam is some of the best striper fishing around….I think the state record was caught there

don’t forget to spray some Bt Spinosad on those babies!

they look very healthy

what are you feeding them?

we visited a fish hatchery on Lake Taneycomo just outside of Branson and I saw some of the biggest rainbow trout I ever saw

and down at the other end of the lake below the dam is some of the best striper fishing around….I think the state record was caught there

don’t forget to spray some Bt Spinosad on those babies!
I’m not feeding them. I prepared the soil last year and this spring with enough nutrients to get them through. The growth has been about a foot a week and that’s with three toppings along the way. Notice how many tops there are it’s been very successful. Also this year after I sprouted the seeds I did everything outside, bringing them in of it was going to frost. It made them stronger and more resilient since it was windy and direct sun. No lag like most years as they adjust. Once it goes to flower I will add some low grade fertilizer

I’m very much a hands off grower because I’m just too busy. I check them every few days but so far they have been fantastic. I also water every day with a elevated sprinkler. Once it goes to flower I will switch to drip. I try and replicate natural as close as I can. The soil never dries out and they love it.

Bull Shoals is below table rock and Taneycomo. Best lake in the Midwest maybe the country. Clear to 30-40 feet, almost no crowds, 60 miles from end to end very few homes and great fishing. Look it up!

Nope, im bringing all my Club Brothers out there. Where is your place. 😂 😂 😂
About here 😬
EF911E7B-5F22-4CDA-B862-1D82539CBA33.jpeg

love to fish that lake a long time!

I did 14 years in Oklahoma and we had Grand Lake with over 1200 miles of shoreline to fish and I’ve always heard about Bullshoals….

I lived in Warsaw awhile and also Goodman just outside of Joplin and fished on the Osage river a lot , always loved Missouri , especially the ozarks and all them baldknobbers…

but yeah , I have roots in Missouri , my grampa was born in Deepwater north of Springfield

sounds like your garden is on cruise control , set it and forget it

our main spot is like that , we amend it every fall with chicken manure and hay….no need for nutes , just water

But we do add some teas occasionally , bat guano , worm castings , etc….

all the best this cycle!

love to fish that lake a long time!

I did 14 years in Oklahoma and we had Grand Lake with over 1200 miles of shoreline to fish and I’ve always heard about Bullshoals….

I lived in Warsaw awhile and also Goodman just outside of Joplin and fished on the Osage river a lot , always loved Missouri , especially the ozarks and all them baldknobbers…

but yeah , I have roots in Missouri , my grampa was born in Deepwater north of Springfield

sounds like your garden is on cruise control , set it and forget it

our main spot is like that , we amend it every fall with chicken manure and hay….no need for nutes , just water

But we do add some teas occasionally , bat guano , worm castings , etc….

all the best this cycle!
Deepwater use to be a hopping little town coal mining and dickey clay company an some good bottom ground before Truman Dam

Glad its you and not me. Trimming my personal shit is a big enough pain in the ass.

Well time to update the grow. Went to drip irrigation july 10 fertilize every 15 days or so. Buds have set well for mid august still 60 days til harvest, high expectations! Biggest buds I’ve had this point in a grow. Tallest plants are over 7 feet. Fingers crossed!
CB2BBBAC-D39A-43E6-BDB1-CC2E10440A2F.jpeg
E9D7D130-53D5-48AD-BB2E-731976818BB6.jpeg
09F1E0D2-2D2D-41D8-8D88-9BB38F05FACE.jpeg

Last edited:
Should I trim some fan leaves? Opinions?

yes

i don’t always get to but when I can , I do pre-trim

especially the big fan leaves near the bottom of the plant

i also pinch off the small inner buddettes nearest the main stalk..I think it is called lollipopping

saves on trimming , colas are fatter

your plants look healthy , no visible signs of bug damage either

yes

i don’t always get to but when I can , I do pre-trim

especially the big fan leaves near the bottom of the plant

i also pinch off the small inner buddettes nearest the main stalk..I think it is called lollipopping

saves on trimming , colas are fatter

your plants look healthy , no visible signs of bug damage either
Thanks! I’ve learned that if I plant next to my hot peppers 🌶️ I have almost zero bugs. I worry more about rot than anything. Especially when the buds get big

Latest posts

Back