GIANT Hawk Moth Catapillar Pic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nico

Reaction score
I Was in the process of treating my plant with BT for catapillars.
Just before spraying I found this Monster.

I saved its life and put it elsewhere in the garden.
Just couldn't do it to this beast.

But the others are now BT'd so lets see if it works this stuff.

NIC_9617.jpg

Check out its tail.... What a beauty.

Nico
:holysheep:

It has been a long time but looks like what we used to find on our tomato plants further south back when I lived on a farm. Huge but very cool except for the damage they do.

not sure,maybe giant luna moth.haven't seen for 40 years.wicked

I spray my tomatoes and mj and that's about it. Hornworms and bud worms mostly.

I grow fennel mostly for the butterfly caterpillars. They get eaten down to a nub, but usually recover. The butterflys are free.

Wet

Hes awesome Nico. Looks like a Lion with the tail.

Wetdog said:
I spray my tomatoes and mj and that's about it. Hornworms and bud worms mostly.

I grow fennel mostly for the butterfly caterpillars. They get eaten down to a nub, but usually recover. The butterflys are free.

Wet

I didn't know about the fennel until this year when I planted some just for the fun of it. Had several cocoons hatch from it. Very Cool

I grow butterfly weed for monarch caterpillars. Our grade school nearby every year has their first graders raise butterflies of different species and then they let them go so we always seem to have a variety of butterflies in the garden.

Newbietoo said:
not sure,maybe giant luna moth.haven't seen for 40 years.wicked

or even this
Manduca rustica, The Rustic Sphinx

or in spain

Manduca sexta worm

:)

Nico, are you running a journal here? I would love to see some more pics of your buds. Ever enter in the Bud Pic of the Month?

Awesome photo of freaky caterpillar!

Latest posts

Back