Going to try outside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's no set date.. MJ doesn't have a calandar or a watch. it starts to flower when it's ready, really.
different strains can start at diffrenet times, and it depends on your area (there's some nice light graphs in the stickied links)
basically when the light starts to get around 12/12 the plant will start budding. this is a guidline, but not a set rule.

i thought this season has been a bit late honestly, mine have just started flowering (still have one that's not even shown sex yet though)

but yeah, there's no 'date'

Killertea08 said:
I read that september 22 is the time that cannabis starts to flower is this true?
..not even...
that IS the fall equinox, or the onset of fall in the N. hemeshere, but it has little to do with flowering outdoors, as does 12/12.
the OD flowering process initiates/starts ver soon after the summer solstice (June 22). Slowly as the days progressively get shorter, the flowering begins. OD doesn't rely on 12 hours of darkness.

my od afgans started to flower in mid july, out of ten ive got 3 hanging, 4 finishing, and 3 males culled.

My outside plants started flowering the first week of August. I live just a hair over the 30th latitude north. I have four different strains growing in my flower garden: some finishing early, and the pure sativa's later. It makes the chore of trimming and drying much less hectic. I also do a selective harvest on each plant, as not all of the flowers mature at the same time. This also allows me to harvest some cloudy and amber...B

BTW...The daylight hours when flowering for me started were 13hrs, 40 mins, sunrise to sunset

flower garden 8-27-08a.jpg

stealth c99 nl b.jpg

I have grown mj outside for years!! even when I was kid!, actually theres is no time for mj to start flowering...also it depends where you lives.. if its too cold, then its no good, most mj can outstand the temp between 60 to 110 degree outside!!! but if you do get seeds that grew indoor, maybe will not outlive that much as outdoor mj does.. it's all depends on their genetic

Latest posts

Back