good 400w hps system?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenMachine90

Smokin' Good ; )
Reaction score
ok guys so if anyone was reading up on my 300w cfl thread you will kow that im am now in the market for finding a good 400w hps, i want to spend no more than 300 for it(only got 630 budget but want some extra for seeds and other accomidities) anyone have a link to some good deals for me? also i only plan on flowering no more than 3 plants at as time. will the 400w be sufficient? and if anyone knows any good heavy hitting indica strains they recommend for both indoor and outdoor grows it would be greatly appreciated! once again i like to take the oppurtunity to thank all that have helped me findig a great hobby that helps me relieve stress and learn n the process of it... and also get high lol :hubba:

go to htgsupply.com and look at those. Its where i got my 400w hps and mh conversion bulb for veg. its working well for me with 4 plants in a 2x3 area. You should be fine. as far as seeds.............. well i wanna know the same thing

go online to e-bay type in 600 watt hps. they got a good 600 watter for 153 i just orderd one my self.

i ws just at htg looking at the 400hps/mh starter kit and tried ordering but will not ship to my address, ive heard so many good things about them too...

The number of plants is irrelevant, you just want to make sure you have enough lumens per square foot. You want to shoot for 5000+. How big is your grow area again?

try ordering from their ebay store. why wont they deliver to you?

yeah cadilac i was just checking out your grow and noticed your using the same nutes and ballast and conversion bulb as i. The only thing i would say bad about this one is that the ballast gets really hot, other than that its all good.

It does, fortunately for me my grow area is in a basement and against two outside walls, the temps stay really moderate year round but I still keep it outside the actual grow area due to the heat. It does work but not nearly as efficient as a digital ballast would.

nvm i found a hps/mh from htg on ebay who ship from Pittsburgh and i live 20minutes south of there so i am in good shape, money goes into my account in 10 days so i figure 2 weeks and im growing good : )

yup i orderd on the e-bay store. 199 for a 600 watter ditigal compleat system. should have spend 23 more an got the air cooled one but oh well i can wait an get another lol

I would go with a 600 if not a 1000. That 6 foot deep is tough to spread a single light that far, not to be the bearer of bad news but you may want to consider two lights. One 400 would only give you about 2600 lumens per sq ft. One 600 would give you about 3800 lumens per sq ft. One good 1000w would give you around 6500 lumens per sq ft.

ok.. hmm, what i might do is cut the depth of it in half and have it only 3 feet deep, i have enough supplies around the house to do that for basically free, you think that would do the trick?

That would really help that would make your grow room just over 9 sq ft. A 400 would work in that area and give you plenty of coverage.

I would reccomend htgsupply I have purchased both a 400 watt and a 600 watt digital ballast for both.They will use either hps or mh without using a conversion bulb.
My 600 watt was burning for 4 weeks when the bulb failed,I contacted them and within a matter of days a new bulb was delivered along with a return label included,wow free return shipping, I will coontinue to use them as it suits my needs to.
I learned the expensive way always go one size bigger then you think you want,more is always better for light,just gotta watch your heat.
But check ebay sometimes you can get a steal there,thats how I got my 400 watt.

Happy Growing :)

:48: :banana::tokie::bongin::ciao:

Latest posts

Back