good veg light ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dankbud420

greenthumb cultivator
Reaction score
cc40_1.JPG

i was wounduring if these lights would be good for a 3x3x8 room it says it does a 40-40 foot yard. it's a 65x fluorescent that = 5oow at 6500k plus they dont get hot! any input would help i was thinkin of gettin 2

its not a bad light, just not enough for your space. with 2 your better but not really enough. maybe 3

dankbud420 said:
i was wounduring if these lights would be good for a 3x3x8 room it says it does a 40-40 foot yard. it's a 65x fluorescent that = 5oow at 6500k plus they dont get hot! any input would help i was thinkin of gettin 2
You would need to buy a few of them...3-4+ maybe...
PS. You can buy a much cheaper version, just the bulb, ballast is built in, and use any socket setup as long as it met with watt standards, etc.
PSS You can buy one of those 3 socket fixtures, I'd get 2 sets, have 6 bulbs and have plenty of light...unless you have the sun you're not going to get too much light... :D

Here's a good buy for you... $90 shipped... I bought 2 of them, for $160-$165 shipped...(you'd want 2, maybe three 3 sets) (remember, this is for grow not flower, get HPS for flower)

Two 2' Compact T5 High Output Bulbs 6400K GROW BULBS (in each fixture)

20,000 hour life expectancy
- High Output bulbs

5,000 lumens per bulb
total - 10,000 lumens

http://cgi.ebay.com/Compact-T5-FLUO...ryZ42225QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ugh! hah too bad i cant sell you mine. I have 2 collecting dust! and lots of replacement bulbs too. I stopped using them when I bumped up to using outdoors for the veg. mode. Now my growbox I built isn't configured for the fluorex lamps. I loved them, they were awesome veg lights, no heat, and very bright!

TBG uses these too i believe... if i remember correctly.

the bulb i got in mine takes an eletronic ballast. its a 65w pl fluorescent which means it plugs in 65w=500 at 10,000 lumens pretty much compact t5 bulb

thats what i started out with. there really only good for micro grows. seedling growth and early veg. also one plant in a 10 inch pot under it. you could also put a clone garden under it or a daisy cloner. but thats all they really cover. i upgraded to a 10,000 lumen 12 by 24 veg light from htgs. it works much better.

Latest posts

Back