Good watering schedule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravenspyz7

Reaction score
Hello all i currently am growing an auto strain and was wondering if anyone knew of a good watering schedule for these guys. I kno they grow rapidly so i dont know if they would need more water sooner than other strains. I have noticed my main fan leaves to be a bit droopy and was wondering if maybe i was underwatering..Here is my watering schedule please let me know what everyone thinks or any input..
day 24
9:00am
day 28
1:30am
day 31
11:00pm
day 34
9:00pm
day 38
day 41
11:45pm
day 45
1:30pm

If anyone has any input or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated
thanks

they dont want a schedule dude.

water them till a little runoff comes out the bottom of the pot. dont let them sit in the water

wait till the soil/medium is dry all the way thru. atleast 3-4in down into the pot. not a cracked desert but dry

get into a practice of pickin the pots up after you water and al runoff is gone. then pick it up again when its time to water again so youl see the difference in weight.

take a look at the sticky on the top of this forum called the wet an dry cycle.

i just went thru an overwatering/ph issue this week. less is more

toke easy:bong:

I water my autos every other day in the morning. No schedule at all really.
If the dirt looks dry I water. If it doesnt I wait till that night.
You might be under watering.

ravenspyz7 said:
Hello all i currently am growing an auto strain and was wondering if anyone knew of a good watering schedule for these guys. I kno they grow rapidly so i dont know if they would need more water sooner than other strains. I have noticed my main fan leaves to be a bit droopy and was wondering if maybe i was underwatering..Here is my watering schedule please let me know what everyone thinks or any input..
day 24
9:00am
day 28
1:30am
day 31
day 34
9:00pm
day 38
day 41
11:45pm
day 45
1:30pm

If anyone has any input or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Do you really wake up at 1.30 am to water your plants ? Do you stay awake until 11.45pm ? Peace and take care !

nah im just up at those time lol i just usually water every 3 days but sometiems get lazy and take 4

It took me months to understand watering. Water just until you get some runoff. It helps me to heavily mist the soil first. I use the mister I use for my clones. I then wait 5 minutes and water.

Wait until the leaves droop until you water again, not the stems. Nothing crazy but she will def be asking for some water (scared me at first). With 1 5 gallon bucket it takes about 5 days before I water again.

Don't ever water because you think its time. Wait to be prompted to water. Has helped me allot.

ravenspyz7 said:
nah im just up at those time lol i just usually water every 3 days but sometiems get lazy and take 4
:rofl: " Sweet ". You had me thinking all kinds of funny vivid imaginary hallucinative :holysheep: Laughable scenes there ! :joint: I like to water every 2 days ! 40-55 celsius in direct sun ;) 10.5 hrs a day :eek: And they love it ! :eek: ! anaujiram_Es is right on the money ! Good Poster ! ;) All the best ! Take care !

Get yourself a cheap soil moisture meter (less than 10$) at any garden store. I use them still from time to time. It will help you know your plants water needs.

simplify it.

water when top 2-3 inch of soil is dry and water until runoff comes out the bottom, when top 2-3 inch of soil is dry again, water again.

thanks purp. this place and all of you guys have taught me everythung i know. so it is indeed the fact that all of you or greater posters than I!

hows the babies lookin now man?

ima go have me a nice morning rip with the dogs.
kinda overcast tho..

:bong1: :ignore:

wait wait wait wait!

ive been reading through this and seeing you guys dont water every day......???

i see that you say the top 2-3 inches of the soil to be wet....but other than that what are sure signs of watering...(drooping, yellow) ??

Heemhoff17 said:
wait wait wait wait!

i see that you say the top 2-3 inches of the soil to be wet....but other than that what are sure signs of watering...(drooping, yellow) ??
Crispy , Baked ,;) after about a month ! :D just kidding around brother :p Yes drooping can also be a tell tale sign as well ! :D peace !

I water every 3-4 days just befor the plants droop. Better to under water than over water in my mind waste of water nutrients and time if you do.

i've just been waiting for droopage before i water, it's been working out nicely. at the start, i overwatered the hell outta my plant, and the fan leaves on the cola never recovered.... it definitely is better to have them droop from dehydration than overhydration, because the former is fixable in a quick minute with some water whereas the latter is only fixable with lots of time, and things will still be damaged.

Heemhoff17 said:
wait wait wait wait!

Hi Heemhoff17-

I use the "drooping" method also and it works well for me- yellowing though is usually a different problem and not from lack of water but usually nutrient or lighting related.

Water is critical to a plant for many reasons. One of those is turgidity (from turgor pressure). Turgidity basically keeps the plant erect (like a balloon filled with air)- it helps roots grow, keeps the leaves pointing up to the sun, and aids in nutrient uptake, among other things.

Here's a picture of a plant, where the leaves are starting to sag a little bit- she's asking for a drink.

The next picture shows the same plant 15 minutes later after giving her some water. See how the leaves, particulary the larger fan leaves, have perked back up?

Two things about watering this way- it can quickly go to far, and the plant will really start to droop and sag- which is a little more stress than they should be subjected to IMHO and will slow down growth.

The other issue is- water slowly! Just pouring it in will usually just cause the water to run straight through your soil and out the drain holes.

Hope this helps! Happy Growing!:cool:

BBFan-

Thanks for the info!!! You can really tell the difference in your plants before and after watering..... also...is your wall painted behind there white with blue so it looks like a sky?

Heemhoff17 said:
BBFan-

Thanks for the info!!! You can really tell the difference in your plants before and after watering..... also...is your wall painted behind there white with blue so it looks like a sky?

Hi Heemhoff17-

Hope it helps.

Didn't intend for the wall to look that way- was actually experimenting with some different basecoats on the wall- but it does look like sky doesn't it.

Have a terrific day!

Latest posts

Back