Green Crack & White Widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nevermind that. After reading what I typed, I am convinced it was heat. I just never seen it get that bad. This plant has been a contrary biotch a lot of this grow. Thanks @Bugus_Monkey for the link. Problem solved.

Last edited:
I'm a stealth grower, hiding my grow from my kids. (I'll smoke a doobie with them someday when they are adults) But for now, I have to keep it a secret.

Please keep me posted on how much the green crack and white widow smells. Green crack is supposedly low odor. I'm curious to know how much more the White Widow stinks. I happen to have 5 White widow seeds but am afraid to grow them. Green Ninja and Green crack are on my to buy list.

I'm a stealth grower, hiding my grow from my kids. (I'll smoke a doobie with them someday when they are adults) But for now, I have to keep it a secret.

Please keep me posted on how much the green crack and white widow smells. Green crack is supposedly low odor. I'm curious to know how much more the White Widow stinks. I happen to have 5 White widow seeds but am afraid to grow them. Green Ninja and Green crack are on my to buy list.
When I get to the hallway, I'm starting to notice a weed smell now. Not as strong as other plants have smelled, but noticeable. I figure I'm about 4-6 weeks out from harvest right now. I will definitely keep you updated homie. Good to see you back my friend!

I was wrong. Yesterday, all seemed well. Today... not so much. Here's a pic dump from every angle I can get:
20220401_173420.jpg20220401_173436.jpg20220401_173442.jpg20220401_173456.jpg20220401_173504.jpg20220401_173518.jpg20220401_173523.jpg20220401_173533.jpg20220401_173540.jpg20220401_173941.jpg
The tacos are from when I closed the tent sides. There hasn't been any more of that happening, just the wilting and leaf sag.
Temp 78°
Humidity 25%
Lights 30"
Water pH 6.7
Small fan above the canopy for circulation.
I spread a couple branches out with the strings this morning thinking maybe too congested/not getting air movement between.
No bad smells

Last edited:
Can you try bottom watering to slow the fly infestation?

Can you try bottom watering to slow the fly infestation?
I bottom water 100% homie. The infestation has come to a halt on the surface. Not sure about under it tho, so I left the traps in there to mop up the stragglers.
I just don't understand why my leaves are wilting. Is this natural at this point of growth, or do I have an underlying problem that I don't understand? I'm at 7 weeks of 12/12.

Do you have roots sitting in water in that bottom tote?
Yes, but only in the wick. There is a 1.5" air gap from the bottom of the top tote to the water level in the bottom tote at full res.

Edit: I said yes, but I haven't pulled the planter out to see, so I should have said most likely

Last edited:
How big is the air gap, and could the roots be filling it up?

Edit: I was thinking you could raise the planter a couple of inches and provide more air.

Last edited:
I do not have an air stone in it. At one point a while back, Rosterman asked what an air stone would do in a SIP, but haven't tried using it because the common consensus is that it doesn't hurt or help, but could be bad for the EM.

Please understand that I'm not trying to be argumentative, but with the way this system works, it's most likely not an over watering issue. It's not like hydro where the water sits below the net pot. The wick here remains submerged (except for the 1.5" gap) to draw moisture to the planter. Kind of like a hempy bucket (sort of).

Here's what the set-up looks like
20220227_081914.jpg
20220227_081941.jpg
20220227_081951.jpg
20220227_082003.jpg
20220227_082250.jpg

The bottom of the wick sits roughly 1/4 inch from the bottom of the res.

I based the design off of the octopot.

Again... Please don't take me wrong here. If I sound like an a$$, I don't mean to. I really appreciate the input from you guys and have much respect.

I will pull the planter up tomorrow and see if the roots look funky and will update on that.

No offense taken at all bro.I am just digging for clues.
Now that I see how it’s set up probably not a water issue like you said.
Hope you get it figured out though, your plants anyways look great!

My opinion....it's only worth 2 cents ...I don't think it's directly an over watering issue. I think you have root issues, whether it's root rot or root bound combined with too high of a temperature that late in flower. I know you'll make it to harvest, and at this point no matter what you do isn't going to have a huge impact on the final product. I'm not really sure what I would recommended in the future as I've never grown weed in a system like that. I have used something similar to grow tomatoes and I wouldn't use it again --- my thought is the water in the 'reservoir' becomes stagnant and that it does in fact lead to overwatering conditions. That, combined with the gnat infestation that you've been combating will certainly lead to root related issues.

Thanks y'all. I was a bit drunk last night, and I'm glad I didn't come off as an a$$hole. I like this place and the people in it.

It could very well be the reservoir. Just because it hasn't happened to me before doesn't mean it isn't now. Chaos is a crazy thing lol. When my White Widow plants are ready to go in, I'll skip the EM and give it a go with the air stone. Matter of fact... since I stopped using the EM last week, I'll stick the stone in today. It may be too late to help, but I don't reckon it would hurt.

Thank you to you all for taking the time to help me. I hope someday I can return the favor.

How big is the air gap, and could the roots be filling it up?

Edit: I was thinking you could raise the planter a couple of inches and provide more air.
I was thinking about this this morning. I can't raise the bed any, but I can lower the water level.

I noticed when I put the pics of my planters that my wick has no holes above where the water line is. I need to drill a few holes around that top part of the net pot. Big or small, It may be part of the problem.

I went ahead on the planter I'm not using atm and moved my marker line down to two inches. Will do the same on the other when the lights come on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back