green dragon w/ everclear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom O'Bedlam

Reaction score
I've always used bacardi 151, but now have some 190-proof everclear. Does anyone have a good technique for everclear-based green dragon?

151 Rum method: I decarb the weed in the oven (325 F for 5 min) then simmer 2 oz booze with the weed x 20 min at 170F, then strain/press out the juice. It's ok, but nothing like those damn dynamite graham crackers...:eek:

Just made some with everclear for the first time and I cut the simmer time by 6 mins b/c it seemed to be boiling much faster/vigorously than with the 151 and I was worried that all the liquid would boil away given the higher alcohol content.

Should I cut the simmer time, or what? :confused:

thanks

The everclear will start boiling off at 165*F

I don't simmer just warm 100 to 120 everclear(I use moonshine) and cold trim that had been finger crushed up a little. put the trim in a gold coffee filter and pour the shine thru. I usually double run a quart thru 1 oz

I add a little honey and I proof my green dragon to about 100 proof, rather leaving it at 190 proof.

Latest posts

Back