Greenhouse color-coded feminized packs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopsie

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried those mixed packs of feminized seeds from Greenhouse with the coating on them? I saw them on Attitude's website. The coating is supposed to contain an anti-pathogene and root stimulator. The reason they appeal to me is not the coating or packaging, but the fact that the seeds are labeled, which you usually can't get with mixed packs. Plus they are totally cheap.

poopsie said:
Just wondering if anyone has tried those mixed packs of feminized seeds from Greenhouse with the coating on them? I saw them on Attitude's website. The coating is supposed to contain an anti-pathogene and root stimulator. The reason they appeal to me is not the coating or packaging, but the fact that the seeds are labeled, which you usually can't get with mixed packs. Plus they are totally cheap.

I saw these in a magazine somewhere.Very interesting product.

Anyone have any idea what that coating is made of? Seems like a neat trick for someone making there own seeds.

I'm thinking about buying two 5 packs of them and was wondering the same. When i first heard about them i thought they would be really expensive but to my surprise they were cheaper than most of the greenhouse fems. Any info from someone with experience would be nice.

i bought a mix pack. i can't say much, but so far the great white shark germinated very fast. i bought the indica mix with gws, white rhino, cheese, trainwreck and lemon skunk. the nirvana white widow beat it to the top of the soil however. the gws is just coming through now, and i have no complaints. i'm excited to grow greenhouse genetics. fyi the mixes come in ten packs too. (two seeds for each strain). not sure if the attitude sells those though.

i would also like to point out the excellent work done by the attitude gifts.

Yeah i was also wondering about these as well, when they get to proper heights, Mike, would you be willing to fill us in on a clone report on how well and how long they take, assuming you would be doing some clones, if not let us know how everything goes. thanks
~T-Bone

bump. I got the ten pack.. trying to decide which to start first;)

i just got a 5 pack and im also trying to decide on which to go with first..im wondering if it would be better to germ these in a papertowel or just stick them in the dirt since they have this coating on them

High times has an article on these seed is their Dec 08 issue
here are a few quotes on what the coating does
"The color coating has ben used the past few years to improve visiblilty in oder to facilitate planting,as well as to increase the germination ratio by adding hormones and root stimulators into the coating itself.Another advantage of the coating is the fact that root and plant diseases can now be prevented with the add of anti-pathogens.
"The coating contains root and anti-pathogens-ideal for helping seeds during the very firstdays and weeksof life."
"The seeds are checked for uniformity and germination before and after the color coating process."
hope this helps any1 wondering what the coating is

Latest posts

Back