grow area size question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman149

road blunt toker
Reaction score
the area im planning to grow in is about 1'x2'x3' high. the height itself is not under question, but the 1'x2' area is. is this too small for me to be able to grow a plant in? im only going to be growing 1 at a time (no need for me to grow more than that). any information would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

No, you need 1 square foot per plant, youve got two, you should be good to go. but three feet of vertical space isnt much, you have to account for the pot, and the light source taking up space as well.

There is another way of looking at your growroom size,
Some states have laws that punish for growing a single
plant or five plants, and the punishment is the same
rather or not it's one or five. So having that thought in mind
you might want to see if that would work for you, and if so
will that alter your room, If you should stick to literally one at a
time then yeppers you can make that smaller room work. They
can do it in CPU cases right ?

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

the vertical space is actually the highest i can make it without having it look suspicious. Its being built hidden into a cabinet i'm makin for my room. i'm willing to lst the plant. also, dont auto flowering plants grow kinda short?

As for my local laws, they arent too bad unless my plant is pretty much found, but i'm worried about that knowing where i'm gunna be doing it. and you do bring up a valid point that i'm kinda kickin myself in the rear for, people do grow in cpus.

thanks guys

you better also pray for a female.unless you can get a clone somewhere.

yeah, you would have to employ some training, or topping in order to keep her short enough to accomodate that space, however with training/topping/fimming you will need more lateral space potentially.

ironman149 said:
the vertical space is actually the highest i can make it without having it look suspicious. Its being built hidden into a cabinet i'm makin for my room.
When you say "my room", do you mean you're renting a room and growing in it? If so, when you flower, the smell will tell anyone who walks into your room that you're growing weed.

Sounds like an upcoming bust.

Growing in someone else's house or building is dangerous stuff. You're at the mercy of the owner and the cops he calls to check "HIS" building. If the owner suspects you are growing, he can call the cops, let them in with their dope dog and the dog will alert on your cabinet which gives them reasonable cause to search it.

If it's a college dorm, there is no such thing as privacy. Someone will figure out you have a grow going. Then the entire floor knows. Then the Admin. Then the cops.

Be careful man. If you're like most people, you'll look real bad in one of those orange suits.

Stoney.

ironman149 said:
As for my local laws, they arent too bad unless my plant is pretty much found

Ahhh yes, anything is legal as long as you don't get caught. I believe Jan said that to Tweeter :cool:

JBonez said:
No, you need 1 square foot per plant

says who? IMO it does not matter what size u got, you can grow your plants to fit any space. i've been working in space 15 inch cubed for almost a year now! ;)

Thorn said:
says who? IMO it does not matter what size u got, you can grow your plants to fit any space. i've been working in space 15 inch cubed for almost a year now! ;)

that is more than a square foot by 3 inches.:confused::huh:

15x15x15" yes but I never said I had 1 plant in there lol

Thorn said:
15x15x15" yes but I never said I had 1 plant in there lol

AKA micro grow? (Nevermind, just saw above your avatar) I was just stating the rule of thumb, sure you can bend the rules, but for new guys i like to give the most accurate info, ya dig?

P.S. i plan on doing a sog next cycle, im sure the plants wont need 1 square foot per plant, since they will be smaller, but im going to give them that at least, plants (especially the indicas) tend to bush out laterally, requiring more horizontal space.:aok:

i own the house, i jus dont trust my roomies as far as i can throw them so its gunna be hidden from plain site. smell isnt an issue

Latest posts

Back