grow baggs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARY-JANE

Female Growers Group
Reaction score
Well I have noticed that a lot of people use those grow bags to grow

there baby's in but I can't find them. And I would like to know how do you

use these bags and were can I find them. I'm located in the great NW :banana: were the trees are green and so is the weed:holysheep: .

hi mary jane ,,,i bought mine from the hydro store £1.35p-£1.85 for 10,,depending on size ,,,and u use them as you would a plantpot ,,,:peace:

do they have holes in the bottom of them and how much is that in us $ ?

so just fill with dirt and use like regular pot. And is it reusable.

Up on the farm we use farmer feed bags. With the fear of 'Mad Cow' the co-op no longer takes them back and the farmers are stuck with them.

They work for me....

Mary-Jane I bought mine at the hydro store they come in different sizes 1,2,3 and 5 gallon. I use the three gallon size and I love them. If your going that route you need to get plastic trays for underneath them so when you water them it drains into the plastic trays. I paid .75ct a piece for the three gallon ones. Yep fill just like a normal pot and they can be reused.

i personally do not like the grow bags.i tried them once and threw them away after the harvest.i use 5 gal black buckets for my soil grows.i cut 4 nice holes around the bottom and then put about 2-3 inches of pebbles in the bottom.after harvest i dump the dirt in the flower beds here,stick a water hose in and wash the soil out of the pebbles.most of the soil comes out in one big root ball.i usually have to pluck some of the stones off the bottom of the root ball.then reuse them forever.jmo

andy52 said:
i personally do not like the grow bags.i tried them once and threw them away after the harvest.i use 5 gal black buckets for my soil grows.i cut 4 nice holes around the bottom and then put about 2-3 inches of pebbles in the bottom.after harvest i dump the dirt in the flower beds here,stick a water hose in and wash the soil out of the pebbles.most of the soil comes out in one big root ball.i usually have to pluck some of the stones off the bottom of the root ball.then reuse them forever.jmo

Why thank you that is what I do now just wonted to know what is up with these bags and if they are any good. Can you place the rocks at the bottom of these bags too?

gues you could,never tried that.i like to use them for drainage.if ya over water(which i never do)it can drain real good.

yes mary jane you can put rocks /pebbles in the bottom of them ,,,infact i would advise it as the drainage holes are fairly big :peace:

Grow bags in the UK come already filled with potting soil. I used them one year to grow six giant sativas in my greenhouse. I had 6 tomatoes in there too. One day the pensioner next door asked what I did to grow such giant tomatoes ...

grow bags are ok, but i have had better experience with the cheap plastic pots. A lot of local garden or landscaping places will usually just give you some for free! they are more durable, reusable, and don't tip as easy.

Latest posts

Back