grow guide of a n00b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was also wondering when the soonest is i can sex my plants. My main goal (aside from just flowering a female plant) is to have them seedless. I know its picky and im sure I'll be happy to smoke a male plant if i grew it... but sensemillia is just so good. I'm considering growing them all independent of each other.

well u don't wanna smoke a male plant. well i have read, that when your plant is 12 in's high, an its fan leaf's are at lest 9 it is ready to be put in to "flowering stage" all that takes its turn back the light to 12 on 12 off an u are in bussiness. with in a week usly your plants will show sex. balls for guys, pistils for females......good luck.:aok:

If I put them all into flowering, how long can the males coexist with the females before flowering them? If I wait until I see the "balls" to remove the males, will it be too late? Should I flower them all separately?

it is best to check your plants evey day, as many times durning that said day as u have time to for male or female flowers. at lest 2 times, at first light an some times befor lights out. makes sure u give your self lots of time befor lights out cuz u don't want to get caught checking mid way when the lights turn off. it can take a male flower at little as 24 hours to form an open in very good condisions. its going to be a tuff job, as me an my grow buddy are getting ready for.

O.k., I'm going to purchase some better lights for my little guys today. Should I get flrourescent or HPS? and what size/watt etc?

hps is the best for flowering, for veggie stage i go floro, cheeper considering u are running 24 hour, when u crack back the time, turn on the hps an u will be fine............at far as wattage, what size is your grow room? an how many plants?

I'm growing it in my closet which is maybe 6x3 feetish. I got 2 48 inch 40 watt floros.

Also, i just got back from getting my lights and my cat **** on 4 out of 7 plants and then dug in the pots and knocked them over and they are extremely wilted and wont even stand up out of the soil. If a plant gets to this stage is possible to revive them? 2 of the ones dead are of my biggest plants so I only have one big one left. I gave my cat to the Humane Shelter.

should have gave it to me. i got a 44 an a shovle.............thats to bad, i would have cryed. well i would try to revive her, but all that stress might cause it to go male or worse hermie.

with that little of light i would just stay with a max of 2 plants an pray for a female...........

<sigh> The floros wont even turn on so i took them back and got a new balaster and new bulbs and these wont turn on. What a stressful day. Would it be enough if I got 4 48' floros? How many would be enough?

what do u mean they won't turn on? an u will get more answers if u post this ? with a pic of your lights, an ballist thats running the lights, in the "Lights" part of the form bro, don't post anything else about this on your jornal, u will get way more help in the "lights" part of the form. give me a pic an i might be able to help u out.

Latest posts

Back