grow room temps are too low

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordhighlama

dont mind the simple lama
Reaction score
As the title said, I'm working on my first grow during the cold winter months.

My grow room has not been heated and my two plants have seemingly gone into hibernation. Is this possible? If so is it to late to move them into a warmer climate. These are the same plants that a while back I early sexed due to my first plant taking longer than I though.

So they have already been through alot, and they are still really tiny. I almost think it would be better to let these two go and start over again.

what r ur temps and what lighting do u have

temps are very low at night, anywhere from mid 30's to low 20's.

When my 400w HPS is on the temps come up to 60f or 65f

Wow, even with the light thats a little chilly, are you flowering?

You need to slow the outside ventilation down or cycle the fan automatically to keep day flowering temps between 70 and 85.

At night, the vent fan needs to be turned off to keep in the heat.

An in-line thermostat for your fan would work great for both situations.

Cold temps such as those keep the roots from growing, hence your hibernation issue. Good luck.

Thanks guys. I've actually got a better area to grow these in, I will just have to move the grow box there. Then the temps will be 60 with lights off, and 75 to 80 with the lights on.

So I guess the question was, will the two plants that have been exposed to the cold temps recover?

lordhighlama said:
Thanks guys. I've actually got a better area to grow these in, I will just have to move the grow box there. Then the temps will be 60 with lights off, and 75 to 80 with the lights on.

So I guess the question was, will the two plants that have been exposed to the cold temps recover?

yes. just observe them, if they arent dead, there is hope bud.

Alright thanks guys, I just feel so bad for these little females. They've been through so much. When I sexed them early they started to prematurely bud, then I put them back on a veg cycle and after 3 weeks of no changes, they started growing new growth right out of the little buds. Reminds me of a doctor sues plant.
:holysheep:

i would change my lighting schedule to have the lights on at the coldest times and off during the day.it would be easier to keep warm during the daylight hrs.jmo

Latest posts

Back