1. Bud of the Month: Squish / No name plant
    Dismiss Notice

Growing Applications

Discussion in 'General Indoor Growing' started by TechAdmin, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Oct 9, 2017 #1

TechAdmin

TechAdmin

TechAdmin

Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

For the homebrew beer industry there are SaaS based apps to help you keep track of your homebrew beer. BrewersFriend.com and BeerSmith is a good example.

Each brewing session you track through the process, input data into the process, then at the end taste/evaluate so you have detailed easy to read notes/graphs on each beer recipe you brew. Plus it has built in tutorials, calculators, etc.

You can even clone a recipe session and keep doing it over and over, each time taking more detailed notes to refine your recipe.

I know there a couple right now for cannabis but none really are doing the SaaS style as the main focus. I know it's because growers didn't want their grows tracked but now as more and more States become legal and for those where it's legal to grow at home legally, are you still using notebooks or are you using some online solution to track grows?

2. Oct 10, 2017 #2

RubyRed

RubyRed

RubyRed

I still use notebook as well as these sites to track my grows. Not here though

3. Oct 10, 2017 #3

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

Something clever...

Retired
    The only place I track my few grows has been on the MP, grow journal forum...but I do use Brewers friend to track my homebrew batches....

4. Oct 10, 2017 #4

Hamster Lewis

Hamster Lewis

Hamster Lewis

Furry Moderator Staff Member Admin Moderator

I use 2 Android apps. Grow Journal and Grow Helper. Nothing mind blowing but both are free.

5. Oct 11, 2017 #5

Hushpuppy

Hushpuppy

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud Staff Member Admin

I actually downloaded a notebook app to my phone that I can use for anything. I just keep notes on my water changes or anything special that I need to track.

6. Oct 20, 2017 #6

NorCalHal

NorCalHal

NorCalHal

What's happening Tech. There are quite a few Track and Trace programs out there that we are going to have to implement. They track all inputs and follow the supply chain to thru retail sales.

7. Oct 20, 2017 #7

Hackerman

Hackerman

Hackerman

In our state all growers are required to have software that tracks the entire grow from seed to sale. I don't think we are the only state like that so there is probably plenty of sofware available that does that.

Are you looking for a PC app or a mobile app?

8. Oct 20, 2017 #8

sopappy

sopappy

sopappy

I've tried a few, the novelty wears off fast and I fall behind, I keep a clipboard by the tubs to track the pH and PPMs at least and date the plants with tags going in to flower.
    I'm pretty bad but hey, I'll contribute, this guy shared a nice excel spreadsheet
    http://www.dopediary.com/spreadsheet-marijuana-tracker/
    there is no way I could keep that thing up to date

9. Apr 12, 2018 #9

Chiro

Chiro

Chiro

And what about others apps and games? Are there fans or no? I think simulators are good games because we often want to test something we are unable to do in real life. For example, to become the president of the USA. You can do this in executive command game. Become the chief of your government and watch for the economical and sociable prosperity of your men. Being a president has never been so true to life.