Growing marijuana with other plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlantingLife

Reaction score
Hey, I have a closet that I grow plants and food in, and was wondering if it's OK to grow marijuana plants as well?
Just wondering if the other plants are eating too much light, so there wont be enough for the marijuana plant?
I have a 90 Watt LED Grow light.
Thanks in advance, Peace!:)

How big of a space are you talking here, how many other plants? I'm gonna go on a limb and say you'll need more light, but I could be off on this!

Yea I would say as long as you have enough light, but ive nevr done anything like this myself.

Not a big area, I would say it's like 1x1 meters?
Maybe like 5/6 plants including the marijuana plant..
Possible with a 90w UFO LED?

try auto flowering I assume you run lights 24/0?

PlantingLife said:
Not a big area, I would say it's like 1x1 meters?
Maybe like 5/6 plants including the marijuana plant..
Possible with a 90w UFO LED?

Sorry, but no. There is absolutely no way that a 90W UFO is going to provide enough light for a space that size--you would need a 400W or a 600W HPS to adequately light that space (you also need ventilation as your plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on). Your other plants may be okay, but the mj is going to need far more/better light to bring it to harvest with any kind of harvest. I have been growing for a long time and have never seen a total LED grow produce any kind of yield, even in a small place with only 1 mj plant.

LED? Nope! Not for flowering anyways! Might get you through vegetative growth pretty well, but you'll want to invest in some HPS for flowering your girls; they'll pay you back for it! I had to quite smoking for nearly a month to afford startup fees (whole nine yards, not just the light; 400 watt maybe $200?) but was well worth it after even only one harvest! compared to "street value" payed me double my investment in one return!

Oh that's terrible news!!!
I did the measurements and the space is 1 meter long and less than half wide,
and the lamp is placed about 35 centimeters from the plants, what if I have something like 3 plants, not looking forward to any huge wields, and it doesn't matter if the plant dies, worth trying?
I once had a short ryder there but I over fed that thing.. :,(
No luck at all?

Even if you did have enough light I would be worried about diseases and insects crossing over from my veg/food plants to my mj plants.

PlantingLife said:
Oh that's terrible news!!!
I did the measurements and the space is 1 meter long and less than half wide,
and the lamp is placed about 35 centimeters from the plants, what if I have something like 3 plants, not looking forward to any huge wields, and it doesn't matter if the plant dies, worth trying?
I once had a short ryder there but I over fed that thing.. :,(
No luck at all?

Remember that you are trying to produce something that sells for $400-500+ an ounce. It does take an investment of time, energy, and money and education. Worth trying? I personally don't think so.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Remember that you are trying to produce something that sells for $400-500+ an ounce. It does take an investment of time, energy, and money and education. Worth trying? I personally don't think so.
I am certainly very thankful that all of you took the time to answer my questions.
I don't have any problem believing that I don't have enough light to produce "enough good bud", but I do have problems with the statement/fact that it's simply not worth trying.
I have free time in my hands, I have money and I love to read books/sites about growing, I would have the lamp on even if I didn't grow marijuana so I don't see what I'm really risking here if I'm paying 25€ for the seeds and I don't know if I'm trying to produce something that sells for 400-500$ an ounce?
It's way too cold outside for outdoor growing and the marijuana will have positive medical affects I feel I could benefit from!
Well now I know not to grow 7 freaking plants at the same time, but If I have only 1 or 2 plants besides the marijuana plant, no luck at all?
The site I ordered it from says that it produces 3500Lm, and if I grow other plants that don't eat them that much?
P.s I'm sorry if you have the vibes that I'm an *******, the thing just is that I'm tired of waiting hours in the cold for a sleezy *** dealer that's gonna sell me fake or even sometimes other drugs.

I'm tired of waiting hours in the cold for a sleezy *** dealer that's gonna sell me fake or even sometimes other drugs.

and we can all empathize with that. But growing your own is going to 'require' some investment. MP has mentored hundreds to 'self sufficiency... but all the mentoring in the world can't make them grow without sufficient light.

If you have the money (as you said), go to the store and buy a 400w HPS. You can use the UFO for vegging (somewhat, may not be ideal) and switch to the HPS for flowering!

Hick said:
and we can all empathize with that. But growing your own is going to 'require' some investment. MP has mentored hundreds to 'self sufficiency... but all the mentoring in the world can't make them grow without sufficient light.
Well I got to thank all of you not to lose your mind because of an idiot like me (many people do).

I have many ideas, and I'm 100% sure to try one of them because that's the only way idiot like me ever learns (if I'll just surrender to my faith it will bug me forever)

I could get a hydroponic system, well not a big "system" but one for 1 plant,
such as [hxxp://herbert.fi/img/products/61.png[/URL] ?

And since you keep telling me that ufo can't produce the buds them selves, I could try to grow them in a nearby forest after I've grown em enough in my closet..?

I also have a second LED UFO 90w that I have totally forgotten about, if I pop both of those in is there then any chance?

Alright bare with me here, I have 2 LED 90W UFOs, a 0.5 meter x 70cm (about) and I'm willing to by a hydroponic grow place.

I own a HPS 250W and a MH 250W But I think I screwed up with the wiring, (from the reflector to the ballast) because I can't and haven't got them to work..

Tell me anything I'm being desperate here:p
And if you'll tell me no chance at all I'll suffer the hard way.
(Wonder if there's such thing as suffering the easy way)
Peace!

Still not likely. The LED just won't throw enough light to give good results, what makes you think you screwed the wiring up on the 250?

Roddy said:
Still not likely. The LED just won't throw enough light to give good results, what makes you think you screwed the wiring up on the 250?
Darrn, I with I would know..
The only thing I had to do is to connect the 3 wires (like blue yellow and brown if I remember correctly) to the white piece, (don't know the terms) and it didn't work..
I'm planning on buying hXXp://herbert.fi/img/products/90.png this sort of thing so I don't need to break the wire itself...
I hope I'll get the HPS and MH's to work!

I would encourage you to get the 250 HPS working. I don't know where you live, but wiring in the US and the UK is quite different. Can you get us some pictures of your ballast, socket, and the existing wiring? Someone can most likely help. Are you sure the bulb is good?

I'm sure you can grow some bud with 2 UFO, will it be the best no but it should work.

My advice is grow one plant and make it as good as you can and you will get more better bud then from 3 underlit ones.

Dont grow it too big, its a very common mistake. especialy if your going UFO

Well sure, you can grow a plant with CFL's too....will you be very happy with the end product, not as likely as if you try to get that 250 going. The more light, the better the buds, lesser light means light and airy buds.

Latest posts

Back