Growing situation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siegalsmoker

Reaction score
My friends whole set up includes a 4' 1/2'w x 2'd x 6'h....with a 600w hps and 2 100w cfl...He planted 8 seeds 3 NL5 x Haze, 2 B52, 3 Ice...in MG moisture control soil...He has added no nutrients and is on 18/6 schedule. its lined with mylar wit a whole cut out of one side for vent (box fan outside) and another in the top left corner of the back wall as well (trying to get cross circulation). Also has a small 2 gl humdifier outside the closet....The ? we have are the waters ph is around the 5.5 area and after adding it to the soil the soils PH is around 7 is that ok? the temp stays around 80 and humidity is around 25% (wit the light on and after the dark cycle around 35%).....Are the PH and Humidity a serious problem?

Your feeding water should be a ph of 6-6.8, with 6.2-6.5 being the best imo. You should get your RH up to around 60% in veg and 30% in flower.

any ideas on how to get the ph there...So the water of the ph should between there so what will the ph in the soil be then? and i've been really struggling to get the humidity up...any more ideas...thanks!

You could set a couple bowls of water inside your grow area but it probably wouldnt raise the RH that much. Try getting a spray bottle and spraying your ladies with water ocassionally. That might help out.

i dont know i usually never worry about ph. though i use a humidifier in the veg room.

I'm sure that you have a fan in there,
You might take a shallow pan, place a bunch of quarter size pebbles in there so that the stones just break the surface of the water, and allow the breeze from the fan to blow across it, that will do the trick for you. the stones are very important, as they help break the surface tension of the water, also the water will tend to travel up the stone because of capillary action.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Thanks....He has a fan on the side of the wardrobe facing inward and a fan inside near the top facing outward...Moved the humidifer behind the fan (kinda) and the humidity is going up :)....Also has a fish tank filter runing in a bucket of water ( heard that helps too )...has any1 else heard that?

I think the temps and humidity are fine the ph should be 6 or under I believe....

The ph is crucial. Check out the "PH nutrient charts" stickied in the Outdoor section.
Humidity is less so. 40-60% is ideal, but not a requisit for good growth.
Temps are within acceptable limits, too. Though, if 80 is the "ambient" temp', the temps at your plant tops/canopy maybe pushing the limits.

Latest posts

Back