growing under pine trees.woiuld it be a problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apass d Weed

Reaction score
What up! Fellow growers I was wondering if planting near a pine tree or under a pine tree would effect the root system considering the pine tree has so many roots.I would really appreciate any suggestions.Thanks!

i've seen it out in the field while i was hunting numerous times. it seems to work well. but then again, if i can find it while hunting. then i'd say u got a good chance of nebody finding it unless its in ur backyard. now if its not in ur backyard and u still want to go about the pine tree route. try putting it in 5 or 6 gallon bucket and suspending it up in the tree. just make sure its a tree u can get up into easily. and make sure the tree itself won't drop sap into the bucket. i've notice the sap will change the ph of the water.

Neighbors had pine trees in front yard. Never had grass grow under it. Dad always said the ground was too acidic. I know its a different grass, but check the ph first. I never thought about the sap. That stuff rained down on these trees.

Bucket definetly, Pine is a "N" hog and the sap will screw ya. (been there don that). Can be done....but it is much much better to hike out a few more miles and find an open overgrown area with a full day of sun. Top it and get her nice and bushy.
Used to plant in clear-cut areas with thorns and crap everywhere....very ripper deterent. but worth the trouble. long sleeved camo is a friend in that kinda brush. ;)
I would go out early spring ammend the soil very heavy and let the plot sit for a month. then go out and plant rooted plants with at least 3 nodes hardened for weather. I would use those "water beads" (think thats what they were called friends mother would give me bags of em). That way I only had to go out 1X a week in the hottest part of the months.
Then pack up the campin gear for harvest.

outdoor grower and pine trees bite , mutt said it all gd luck..

thanks alot! Forget that tree any way i got stung by yellow jackets messing with that tree apreciate the advice though. Lol!

ha!!1..it ain't just me...
I've destroyed more hornets nests this year than I ever recall. There sure seems to be an abundance...

Latest posts

Back