Hanging Harvest in tent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what I thought THG,,or thats what i have been told by 99% of the PPL I have asked about Drying. But as I said,,to each his own,,whatever floats thier boat. Besides,,its their WEED,,they can dry it any way they want.
All I know,,is that it is a FACT that heat and light degrade the THC,,so it only makes sence that drying with alotta heat and or light is not a good idea for a cure.

imo whenever i am using the growroom i will not put plants with the light, howver i have more than once thought about making a shelf or separation to make a drying space above, never had to, never will have to i guess...

I would put a few Buds hanging like that if I just wanted to do some kind of Quick dry where i could smoke it,,,but never if I was trying to cure properly.

I would be less concerned about the light being reflected onto the buds than the dry heat that is above the lights, unevenly drying the buds too quickly. NVC has been doing this for a while so I suspect he has worked out a process to keep his stuff drying correctly. :) I wouldn't recommend it myself though.

dry racks work pretty good in a tent quick dry, or just hanging te plant in there works too

I prefer a slow dry process and a live tent is no good for that. a dead tent is a great place to dry when not growing obviously.

i am on my third drying and still don't haxe it right, i still hav'nt notived the difference in a quick or slow dry

Skullcandy, are you giving your plants a good cure? There really is a difference (or should be a difference) in the smoothness of the smoke after a slow dry and a good cure.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Skullcandy, are you giving your plants a good cure? There really is a difference (or should be a difference) in the smoothness of the smoke after a slow dry and a good cure.

not sure but i have noticed a slight difference in hashness from a bud on the tv for a week to a hanging out a month, next i want to dry for a couple months then jar it , so i can see the difference, all i can say is i hope it works

It takes the same 12 days or so to dry 7lb's in a empty flower tent as apposed to a full flower tent. Same ventilation running 24/7. When lights go out at night in flowering, if you have never looked you will see the humidity jump drastically. Here it jumps to around 60% or less for that 12hr dark period. That is just fine to dry herb in. If I had the new rooms in the house finished and set, I wouldn't do it per say. But it does work if you don't have the space set up and have serious filters in place to contain the smell of that much herb.

skullcandy said:
not sure but i have noticed a slight difference in hashness from a bud on the tv for a week to a hanging out a month, next i want to dry for a couple months then jar it , so i can see the difference, all i can say is i hope it works

That is way to long to dry bud--no bud should have to take a month to dry. Most bud takes a week or so to dry and then you jar it for 2 weeks or more to cure. I cannot even imagine how harsh a bud is that has sat on top of a TV for a week.

I don't want to argue on how to dry bud, but I want new growers to know that light and inconsistent heat and humidity are not good for drying bud. While NC may do okay drying in his tent, I would never recommend it to anyone.

i now jar my harvest before the stem becomes crispy. the cure takes longer this way and i have never had a mold problem inside jars. imo, waiting for stems to crack is late to jar the buds and i love the smoke of slow cured bud

I also do that Zem,,but ya better keep those Babies burped or PM will gettem for sure.

Latest posts

Back