Happy Halloween!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy halloween to you all too.

I think i will go as an old stoner lady with too many dogs.

Rosebud said:
Happy halloween to you all too.

I think i will go as an old stoner lady with too many dogs.

Rosebud, that is what I go as every year.

I told one of my buddies one time that I didn't want to be known as "the crazy dog lady", but he told me it was too late......

You know thg, when i first typed that, I typed middle age woman, but then I realized i probably won't live to be 122, so I changed it to old. LOL your funny.

I'm being Santa Claus with a bloody skull mask and chainsaw (I removed the chain).

A friend told me he won't bring his grand kids over because an Evil Santa would freak out the littler kids.

Happy Howlerween....:grinch:

evil santa sounds like top fun cubby---do you usually get a bunch of trick or treaters---what kind of candy you giving out

Hey OS, we get lots of kids around here. A few years ago we had literally 2 feet of snow on the ground and people just adjusted their costumes to include snow boots and gloves. Minnesotans, even the kids, are hardy souls.They start right around sundown for the littlest kids and go 'till 10 or so.

I got some outdoor speakers to play sound effects (screams, howling wolves, creaky doors, ect).

And I hand out tons of candy. A buddy owns a massive vending machine business so I get candy for free from him.
He sent his son over with 4 5gallon buckets full of different candies, I've been looking in there and thinking "oooo I haven't had one of those in years" ...:eek:

I have to give it all away or I'll be back to 300 pounds by the weekend.:eek:

Are you doing anything for Halloween? Do you get many trick-or-treaters? I like the kids costumes the best. Some guy on youtube made his kid a costume of LED lights and she looked like a stick figure, totally cool.

i saw that kid with the led rope light looking like a stick figure---that was pretty cool---halloween is a total bummer in my hood---i've lived in this house for 13 years and have had about 6 trick or treaters the entire time---pretty pathetic if ya ask me---think it's cause i am the youngest around an old neighborhood---grammar school is in walking distance though---parents round these parts drive their kids to neighborhoods that do block parties---crazy---never seen anything like it---what happened to walking out your front door crusing the hood for some candy---do a bit of trading with your friends and call it a night---when i lived downtown i had boat loads ringing my door bell---great time---i miss the little bastards :D

Our street is pretty dead so we all go elsewhere. A few streets away is hopping, but even better is the fancy neighborhood 5 mins away. Lots of folks handing out full-sized candy bars, my younger kids love it and saves me from having to buy anything. :p

orangesunshine said:
i saw that kid with the led rope light looking like a stick figure---that was pretty cool---halloween is a total bummer in my hood---i've lived in this house for 13 years and have had about 6 trick or treaters the entire time---pretty pathetic if ya ask me---think it's cause i am the youngest around an old neighborhood---grammar school is in walking distance though---parents round these parts drive their kids to neighborhoods that do block parties---crazy---never seen anything like it---what happened to walking out your front door crusing the hood for some candy---do a bit of trading with your friends and call it a night---when i lived downtown i had boat loads ringing my door bell---great time---i miss the little bastards :D

When I bought this house there were no trick-or-treaters at all, because most of the neighbours were were retirees that couldn't afford to hand out candy.

I started decorating for Halloween and it attracted a few kids the first year and has expanded from there.

I bought this place 17 years ago and the neighbourhood has changed from older folks to younger professionals....still not many kids in the neighbourhood though, they mostly come from surrounding areas.

After the kids are done trick-or-treating (around 10PM) the adults will start just going from house to house. Have a drink here, a joint there, and just keep a visual presence so the older teens don't get to destructive with their tricks. We've been pretty lucky, no major damage, and one standing rule...if you catch someone with eggs, they wear them.:D Toilet paper, silly string, all in good fun....eggs, not so fun.

Happy Halloween MP family...:D

Latest posts

Back