Happy New Year 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenmobster440

Reaction score
Happy New Year!!! My Friends!
Another year has blown by. The future is just hours away. It's a good time to sit back and recall the past years memories. What did we accomplish? How did that happen? I had so much fun at..? I'm really gonna miss..?
None of us will be here forever so take a moment to remember the good, bad, and ugly while you still can. Tomorrow may bring joy or sadness. Regardless, we move on but must always remember the past.

What does...the future hold for me? I have no choice but to wait and see.

Happy New Year!!! My Friends!
Another year has blown by. The future is just hours away. It's a good time to sit back and recall the past years memories. What did we accomplish? How did that happen? I had so much fun at..? I'm really gonna miss..?
None of us will be here forever so take a moment to remember the good, bad, and ugly while you still can. Tomorrow may bring joy or sadness. Regardless, we move on but must always remember the past.

What does...the future hold for me? I have no choice but to wait and see.
All I know almost for sure is that tomorrow will bring me a crock pot full of black-eyed-peas and a skillet of Uncle Charlie's Cornbread. You won't get "cornbread consumption" from this recipe!

Uncle Charlie's Cornbread (origin unknown)

1 C self-rising cornmeal
1 C cream style corn
2 Eggs
1/4 C Vegetable oil
1 C Sour cream

A chopped jalapeno or two works really well in this cornbread.

Lightly grease 9 to 10 inch skillet. Place in 400 degree oven until hot. Sprinkle hot skillet with corn meal before adding batter, to aid with release when cornbread is done.

Mix together all ingredients.

Pour batter into hot pan and cook at 400 degree for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to touch. A toothpick in the center of the bread should come out clean when poked and removed.

You'll thank me. :cool:

All I know almost for sure is that tomorrow will bring me a crock pot full of black-eyed-peas and a skillet of Uncle Charlie's Cornbread. You won't get "cornbread consumption" from this recipe!

Uncle Charlie's Cornbread (origin unknown)

1 C self-rising cornmeal
1 C cream style corn
2 Eggs
1/4 C Vegetable oil
1 C Sour cream

A chopped jalapeno or two works really well in this cornbread.

Lightly grease 9 to 10 inch skillet. Place in 400 degree oven until hot. Sprinkle hot skillet with corn meal before adding batter, to aid with release when cornbread is done.

Mix together all ingredients.

Pour batter into hot pan and cook at 400 degree for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to touch. A toothpick in the center of the bread should come out clean when poked and removed.

You'll thank me. :cool:
Love some cornbread. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Now I'm hungry too.

1704067811846.png

@Bugus_Monkey

Where's the bacon grease?
Funny you mention that - I keep a ceramic jar full of the stuff in the fridge, and that's actually what I use.

But 'they' say it's not healthy, and I wouldn't want to pass on unhealthy habits to anyone...say...smoking or drinking alcohol or < GASP! > cornbread made with bacon grease! (Maybe I'm just invincible. I grew up on the stuff!) lol

Latest posts

Back