Has anyone ever seen this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwIsTeD-SmOkEr

Reaction score
In all my 6 years off growing for one self i have never encountered a deformity such as this and i had 2 of the same from a batch of 5 G13haze fems from barneys i think, or it might have been big budda, i always get them 2 mixed up ha, so i had to share it.
1.jpg
It's at week 13 and didnt look ready as im sure most trics where still clear but the ones below where ready, from the same batch.
2.jpg
I did try some new neuts from the hessi range which i believe worked wonders especially the vit boost, which i also think is responsible for the deformality, anyone else encountered that before ?

Nearly all my knowledge to get me to this point is from the help of this web sites members, so for that i will always be thankful.
:icon_smile: :48:

This is actually a fairly common trait with long flowering sativas. I think most call it fox-tailing.

The Hemp Goddess said:
This is actually a fairly common trait with long flowering sativas. I think most call it fox-tailing.

ya say "most"...is there another name?

i always wondered what that term ment as i have mostly stuck with indica's, now i know lol

there is a few things that cause this...nutes can be one....heat...lack light late?....this happen to me this year....and these were indicas...makes the cola look funny but IMO..dont mess up the High

:48:

You might want to have a very close look at the buds there as I believe I see a couple "nanners". If I am correct then its time to yank'em. :)

I have had "fox-tailing like that when I had to cut off some tops halfway through flowering because of tops getting into lights and burning. It seems like late flowering stresses other than from dark/light intrusions will cause some screwy pheno mutations :)

nannerless foxtailing is quite typical bud growth for long blooming sativa's, it does not mean a deficiency, ime/o.

Hushpuppy said:
You might want to have a very close look at the buds there as I believe I see a couple "nanners". If I am correct then its time to yank'em. :)

I have had "fox-tailing like that when I had to cut off some tops halfway through flowering because of tops getting into lights and burning. It seems like late flowering stresses other than from dark/light intrusions will cause some screwy pheno mutations :)

no nanners but my heart did drop when i saw them, it really boosted in the last weak and pics where taken just before i chopped them , but it was a load of calyx's with no nodes or khola's so yeah the best term would be nannerless foxtailing lol
I will add at the end of harvest i did notice i over fed them but i dont think its affected the quality too much as it still smokes nice :hubba:

I've grown Barney's Farm gear twice-Pineapple Chunk and LSD. The Chunk was supposed to be mostly Indica but I had 3 out of 4 that were tall Sativa wenches that went well over the flowering time BF claimed.

The LSD started foxtailing with huge calyxs-much like yours. It also popped nanners on 2 out of 3 plants a few days before harvest.

For the record, the Chunk smokes good and the LSD is going to be a good one I believe-just now starting the cure. It just seems to me like Barney's Farm has some genetics that are all over the map, stability wise.

AG

Yeah Sativas just don't grow pretty very often...lol. That looks like an extreme case of some fox tailing. Almost like the top revegged a bit as it flowered. I grew some 707 Headband that was a fox tailing monster. Was a funky looking thing for sure.

Latest posts

Back