hash question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groworganic

Reaction score
i just harvested a couple plants and am going to make hash for the first time. the only question i have is whether or not the trimmings NEED to be dry before I make it. Can they be fresh? I'm kinda pressed for time, so I'm not sure if i will be able to dry them properly.

whats the quickest way to dry these trimmings? it is only a couple plants worth...

.."IMHO".. the only process benefitting from dried trim, would be the keif/scuffing method. Where it is ruffed up over a screen and the trich's are caught underneath. Even then, the quality should be better with fresh weed, as you would be less likely to grind fresh plant matter "through" the screen. Yeild would be higher w/ dry weed, but would suffer in quality, due to more plant (green) contents.
"ISO", is not hash. It is a tincture, comprised of "all" the essential oils extracted from the plant matter. I don't think dry or fresh, would have any effect on the solvent ability to extract those oils.

if doing bubblehash... DEFINATELY dry->frozen trim is best..

wet trim freezes weird... and is a pita

I tried making a small amount of ISO oil/hash with fresh BUDS (not trim), and it was more difficult than when using dry buds.

The Isopropyl doesn't absorb itself right into the herb, like it does when it's wet, and obviously you can't grind it up as nice. So what I did was blenderize it in the Isopropyl, and coffee filter out the herb. This works, but what happened is I got a really green Isopropyl (which is not desirable, as the green stuff is chlorophyll).

Trim has always dried extremely fast for me.. I just lay the leaves out on a flat surface, stirring the trim, when the top layer feels crispy.

:)

Latest posts

Back