He/she Drama

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemon Jack

Above the clouds
Reaction score
So when I went to look in my flowering room this afternoon I wasnt very happy with what I found. Im just running a bagseed in there now while vegging my jack 47 and lemon skunk.

This was just meant to be a "test" run but its actually been going really great unitl now. There are two plants in there today I noticed one had. . . .hermied:holysheep: on me :(. This is my first hermie experience so I got down to some detective work to figure out why this happened. It turns out there is a bad light leak right under my AC that would allow light to hit only this plant. But it didnt hermie till now 5 weeks into flower and its had to been like that the whole time so. I thought it also sits right in front of the AC so it gets colder than the rest so... or it could just be bum genetics who knows what do you guys think?

Also what would you do with it. . . I dont have any smoke and it does have some nice buds on it. Should I let it finish and pull all the pods off or just pull it now? The only reason I thought about pulling it is it is prob 3-4 weeks from finished and by the end of the week I think my Lemon and jack clones will be rooted and I wanted to try and flower them asap to get some dank. :)

Oh choices. . .. LOL
:icon_smile:

If you let the male pollen release in your grow your be getting seeds until you can get it cleaned up.

I have it screw up a couple grows in a row.

Hi Lemon- Tough break on the nanners, but most of us have been there.

It's a matter of opinion as to what you should do with it. Choice is yours. If you do let it grow out and finish, realize you may be jeopardizing the quality of your entire harvest if the pollen gets released. But you'll still have decent smoke when you're done. Tough to be on nanner duty, and you'll never find all of them (they can hide deep in the bud), so whatever you decide, I wish you good luck and a great harvest!

There were a few on the bottom that already opened :(

I dont know how I didnt see them I look so much every day I was just mesmerized by the buds lately. I guess Ill just let it finish them bleach the heck outta the room when Im done. I really dont want to polinate my dank with these bagseed junk. Maybe I can get it all out.

Water will kill pollen. Wouldn't hurt to wipe down the walls periodically if you got humidity under control. Good luck.

Yank that tranny ASAP. Pollen has a way of invading every millimeter of your grow space with all those fans blowing everywhere. Bleaching later is a tough job and it's extremely difficult to get everywhere pollen can land. Just my opinion, but think about your future grows in this situation. I've had 2 plants hermie that I caught late after they had blown their dust on the rest of my girls. I found seeds in later grows after both incidents. Lesson learned. Good luck.

My real guess would be that it is bagseed. If there was enough light getting in to cause this plant problems, it most likely would have affected adjacent plants.

Ah man that sucks.....if you already had some sacs open up and you hve fans going then most likely you hve pollen all over the tent. I wld pull the ladies during lights on obviously and wipe the tent down with a wet rag. Then go clip as many nuts as you can off and push on. I only say this because you need the weed and I am assuming the other plant in there is bag seed as well. Just inspect for nanners a cpl times a week till you are done. You won't get them all but do what you can. Then when you harvest make sure you destroy any beans you find in those buds and do a major cleaning.....wash everything....wipe down everything and try and think of it as a learning experience while you smoke that hermie bud. Cld be worse....you cld hve a grow room full of Dank genetics going and loaded with hermie seeds.

Ya thanks thats what Im gonna do I pulled all the sacs off earlier took like an hour lol you think you got em all then you turn it around and theres another lol :(

And ya the other is bagseed too so its no biggie really so long as I can get it all cleaned up so as not to pollinate my good genetics.

If it is throwing this many nanners this early, I would recommend getting rid of it.

How many plants do you have Lemon Jack ? If only two i suggest to keep. Better weed with seeds that no weed.

Ya I only got two like I said they were just testers i dropped while vegging my mothers.

I removed around 10 to 15 nanners yesterday and another 3 or 4 this morning there awfully hard to see. I'm just hopin that maybe they will finish early and I can be done with it.

Ya I need the smoke though lol seeded or not I been payin way too much for it lol.

Is 5 weeks early to see nanners like I said this is my first hermie so :( ah well its just bagseed

I had nanners in two plants gifted to me and they seeded all plants in tent. I decided to remove them a little to late but i had 6 more plants.

Best luck for you and clean that space very well after harvest.

I guess that you need to make the decision whether two plants with seeds will be better than one plant with no seeds. If this was my garden and I had one throwing nanners this soon, I would get rid of it and try to make the best out of the one I had left. Seeded bud can have 75% of its weight be seeds and 25% bud. In addition, when the plant is busy making seeds, energy is taken away from making THC (I believe in general, seeded bud is less potent than sensi bud)

Ya i will clean it ggood when done Im sure its already seeded the other plant by now anyway. So ill just keep pickin the nanners off. Maybe I wont get too many seeds lol ya right ha ha there sitting right next to each other. but oh well I guess it will be fine. BTW I agree with ya THG i think sensi is better smoke that seeded bud. Plus I read somewhere that when a plant had been seeded it would slow down building thc and start producing seed.

The Hemp Goddess said:
In addition, when the plant is busy making seeds, energy is taken away from making THC (I believe in general, seeded bud is less potent than sensi bud)

This is 100% true I can tell ya
I had my WW get so seeded it didnt get me high at all, totally ruined it.

Latest posts

Back