HEAT... Better to Intake or Exaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
I have two sectiond off grow areaes 1 veg and 1 flower...

got a 600 and a 400 MH air cooled running. Both hoods intake and exaust into the attic above the grow.

I am sucking out of the grow areas and through my carbon filter into the room that houses the grow areas.

The problem is this. Inside the grows its between 75 - 78 consistently. However outside the grows in the bigger room it is about 83 or so...

I would like to lower the temperature inside the room if possible, I have two options, bring air from outside the house into the room from above with a 380CFM Inline Duct Fan. or exaust the bigger room with the same fan,....Which is more optimal to do?

If your gong any colder your plants will be shivering!!! These temps are AMAZING and I am envious to hear this!

BUT if you are going to do either, draw outdoor air in. It should be rich in oxygen, and much cooler than indoor air.

Sound like perfect temps to me. Only thing I worry about is mold issues in your attic with all that hot air..

so these are good????? Wow okay I guess im still a newbie and everything else was going right so i was looking for something to be wrong.....

I thought over 80 and I should be worrying....

attic itself is very well ventilated,,, 2 roof vents and 2 gable vents....

You could bring that 83 down in a hurry if you got a decent fan to circulate any hot air.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will do that.... sure beats buying additional equip....

i would bring air in from the outside.thats how i have mine.i draw cold air from outside blowing into my flower area.then i i have a blower as you do,drawing air thru a filter,reflector and vented into my basement.i keep a constant 70 degrees in the flower tent.i do not even have my veg tent vented.i leave the front open with a fan blowing into the front of the tent.with what little heat comes from the veg tent,it keeps the room about 73 degrees with no heat running.and its about 47 degrees outside this morning.even when its colder outside my temps inside the flower never get colder than 68 degrees with all lights running.i love fall and winter growing,just for this reason.no ac to cool the tents.i will never grow in the summer againg,inside anyway,lol

if you only have one fan, i would use it to exhaust hot air from the top of the room. use a passive intake at the floor of the room to bring cold air in from outside, or even better have a inline fan for each, use the higher cfm fan for exhaust. good luck!

andy52 said:
i would bring air in from the outside.thats how i have mine.i draw cold air from outside blowing into my flower area.then i i have a blower as you do,drawing air thru a filter,reflector and vented into my basement.i keep a constant 70 degrees in the flower tent.i do not even have my veg tent vented.i leave the front open with a fan blowing into the front of the tent.with what little heat comes from the veg tent,it keeps the room about 73 degrees with no heat running.and its about 47 degrees outside this morning.even when its colder outside my temps inside the flower never get colder than 68 degrees with all lights running.i love fall and winter growing,just for this reason.no ac to cool the tents.i will never grow in the summer againg,inside anyway,lol

so does this mean you have the filter inside the tent? i'm in a similar situation, I have a 30"x30"x70" area and I'm in the process of setting the ventilation.

my idea was to have a small CPU fan on the bottom for an intake, and then find a quiet inline fan for the exhaust. I don't know if I should just exhaust air from the top of the box, out into a filter that is on the outside of the box, or if I should have the filter inside the box, and have the exhaust pull through the filter out into the room. I have flanges on my light, but it isn't a cooltube and it's only a 250.

Should I just generally vent top air out into a filter??

Yes, they do. Roots die without it.

Latest posts

Back