Hello to all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiftyfifty

Reaction score
I am new to using a forum and to smoking so I hope to find advice on both. Thanks in advance for the help.

ok....go get yourself a nice glass bong.....put water in it...i like to put mine in the freezer for a while before use.....pack with gnarly pot and hold your hit until you almost pass out...then and only then can you journey into weedom....jk,. welcome...i'm sure you'll be a pro soon

Thank you Puff Monkey. I followed your advice and bought a glass pipe. It's called a Bubbler. It's blue swirly glass and very pretty. I've used it once and got a little high. I am a 56 year old female who has never smoked anything my whole life. About a month ago I decided that smoking pot was something I needed to experience before I die. Let me tell you that I am someone NOBODY would ever suspect of smoking weed! I am a mother of 4 grown children and grandmother of 6. So anyway, I approached a fellow employee that I knew smoked and she fixed me up with my first "product" and the metal pipe. I tried the pipe but couldn't get high because I couldn't inhale enough without feeling like there was a fire in my throat and chest. I thought I was dying! I almost gave up, wondering what I was doing to my "virgin" lungs! I did some research online and read about water pipes and then got your advice so now own my Bubbler. I bought it at a smoke shop and felt weird going in the front door. I'm sure I'm not the usual type of customer! I felt very adventurous though. Once I got in I was put at ease by the girl that helped me. I even bought a grinder! The bubbler does make the smoke far less painful to inhale but it still burns some. Will keeping the water ice cold help that? Also what is the purpose of the hole in the side? I know I have to put my finger over it when I inhale or it doesn't bubble. Thanks again!

Welcome aboard 50/50..:D
I gotta' say, it isn't often that we get Grandma's on here that are new to smoking..;) Most of us Grandparents are old pro's... @ smokin' at least..:p
When you use the bubbler, plug the hole untill the bore/stem is full of smoke, then release the hole and continue to inhale the smoke.. "shotguns" the hit, so to speak... But be conservative the first gew times, untill you get a "feel for" the proper amount... ;)

fiftyfifty said:
Thank you Puff Monkey. I followed your advice and bought a glass pipe. It's called a Bubbler. It's blue swirly glass and very pretty. I've used it once and got a little high. I am a 56 year old female who has never smoked anything my whole life. About a month ago I decided that smoking pot was something I needed to experience before I die. Let me tell you that I am someone NOBODY would ever suspect of smoking weed! I am a mother of 4 grown children and grandmother of 6. So anyway, I approached a fellow employee that I knew smoked and she fixed me up with my first "product" and the metal pipe. I tried the pipe but couldn't get high because I couldn't inhale enough without feeling like there was a fire in my throat and chest. I thought I was dying! I almost gave up, wondering what I was doing to my "virgin" lungs! I did some research online and read about water pipes and then got your advice so now own my Bubbler. I bought it at a smoke shop and felt weird going in the front door. I'm sure I'm not the usual type of customer! I felt very adventurous though. Once I got in I was put at ease by the girl that helped me. I even bought a grinder! The bubbler does make the smoke far less painful to inhale but it still burns some. Will keeping the water ice cold help that? Also what is the purpose of the hole in the side? I know I have to put my finger over it when I inhale or it doesn't bubble. Thanks again!
the hole is the carb. right when your done sucking let your finger off of it and suck the smoke in. i like to put 2 ice cubes in mine before i partake. if you find better weed then it doesnt burn as bad.. best of luck and enjoy

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :48:

just be easy with those big hits untill your lungs adjust. im sure theres alot of people here know one would ever expect to be smokers. good luck and im glad you decided to learn more about mj first hand. enjoy

Welcome to the site, from another fiftyish female. Love the fact your adventurous enough to start something so totally new to you. Hope you are enjoying your new pipe and pot.

Thanks for the Welcome and help, all of you. I have a couple more questions...How long do I keep lighting it before refilling the bowl? In other words when is the pot in the bowl "used up" ? When it turns black? When it is totaly ashes?

Good for you! Life is all about trying new things! Just because the small part of society deems marijuana as a bad thing does not make it so for the rest of us. Everyone enjoys their buzz a different way! I personally dont smoke all day as I like the relaxation I get from it in the evening... plus being older myself, running business stoned just dont work for me!

I hope you get as much enjoyment from this site as I do, and try your hand at growing a little personal stash yourself! Growing it is half the fun... maybe its the anticipation. PLUS, once you get hooked up with some good smoke, it will be easy on the lungs and better for the body or mind, depending on what your growing!

There is alot of good info on this site on how to do it, read the guides first, and ask questions, but from what I have learned if you ask 6 growers how they do it, you will get 6 different responses! Bravo smokin' granny and keep on livin' life as you are still young as long as you learn somethin' new each day.

OH, and if you are sucking ashes and not getting smoke, its time to reload! also try less fire, slower inhale and really get a glowing bowl without scorching the dickens out of it

this is what i found.. THC adheres to the Oxygen molocules when you inhale all that smoke you exhale after holding it in is wasted. if you can smoke without coughing.. take your hit, hold it, slowly exhale till you see the smoke, breathe back in, hold it and repeat till you are done with the hit..
this gets you higher faster due to bringing in more Oxy on the same hit. and save you on weed since you need to smoke less.
have fun!!

Latest posts

Back