Help for first timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sstorey

Reaction score
B9165945-1156-4A30-94AB-39A1683133DA.jpeg B7F29DD6-9051-4E6C-B8AE-A115B3EEDA0B.jpeg FC5FC166-1E3F-412A-B76C-45927DD42217.jpeg 4D28767E-5092-4BB2-8061-A3B9438D0E6A.jpeg A55B7CDC-F484-44BC-9496-2A26AC03CC2C.jpeg Thanks for any help in advance. First time grower in the Northeast, Massachusetts. So I got four clones and originally had them in smaller pots with insufficient drainage and was feeding with Foxfarm grow big 2 teaspoons per gallon until they got these yellow spots I have since transplanted to these bigger pots with plenty of drainage and flushed with the sledgehammer and then just clear water for the past week but I still seem to have edge burn and yellow spots. My questions are what is wrong with the plants, how much food should I give them and how often, they are right next to my deck so is it better to water them with the hose or pour water directly into the pot, and since they were clowns how do I know where they are in the growth cycle like when do they switch from the veg to flowering ? Thanks again

Oh no, you flushed these? The yellow spots are a nutrient deficiency and not any kind of overfeeding. Flushing them and not feeding them has most likely made this worse. Please feed them right now...I'll wait. How much food should you give them? How often? Follow the directions that are on the bottle. Plant deficiencies can sometimes be hard to identify, but I would add some cal-mag to the feeding regime. Plants that are overfed get brown tips on the leaves.

It looks like you have some kind of screen over the plants? I would remove this and move the plants so they are further apart--give them some room. It does not matter whether you water them with the hose or use some kind of watering can.

Outdoors, flowering is triggered by the shortening days. It is generally the last of July or the first part of August when they first start flowering. Then you have 8-10 weeks (or more depending on strain) of flowering before they are done. You might want to do some reading on the life cycle of the cannabis plant so you know what to expect.

Like THG said, they need nutrients, not flushing.
And the screen where you have it is doing no good for anything, if you can get it out of there without destroying everything you should do so, asap.
I can't see any need to try to scrog or sog your plants, let them do their thing, maybe open them up by tying down some branches but you don't need the screen.
They actually look pretty good overall, once you give them a good feeding ( I believe that Fox Farms stuff calls for more than 2 teaspoons per gallon), get them on a feeding regimen, keeping in mind that they will be budding very soon so you will need to start adjusting your nitrogen levels down, but first you need to get them healthy.

Growing in New England can be tough but it produces some awesome things.
Good luck and Happy Growing!

B9C6A362-C135-4220-9F77-80AAB4ADD418.jpeg thanks for the info, this is the feeding schedule I would like to use with the Foxfarm nutrients I’m just not sure which week I should consider my plants to be in because they were from clones and have been outside for four weeks. As for the screen I was using it to hold up the tops after super cropping instead of taping them Once the branches are sturdy enough I will remove it and spread them out to get some more sun. Do you water every day and do you saturate the pots completely?

The way to water is this: Water until the water runs out the bottom of the pot into a saucer. Leave the water there for 30 min and go
back and check if there is still water in the saucer than dump it out.. THEN let dry real dry. Pot likes a wet-dry cycle. Too much water is worse than not enough. do not overwater. When you stick your finger deep into the soil you should feel no moisture, then water again deeply, etc. You will learn the weight of your pots when they are wet and dry.

Keep asking questions, you are in a good place to learn.

Latest posts

Back