Help! i need somebody

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeet420428

Reaction score
who knows their **** about nutrient deficiency signs. Right now i have two juvinile plants that are under florescent light for 18 hrs a day each with their own 20 inch bulb. They are in FoxFarm organic soil and are ONLY being given water daily.
Both have some leaves that are turning a golden-brown at the tips, but only one some, not all , of the leaves.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
P.S. Im goin to a hydro shop soon to get plant food for different stages and a pH tester/adjuster kit. Is that pretty much what I should do?

skeet

how old are the plants? it could be they are hungry.

wrong spot to post this is. go to indoor growing section, and look at the sticky that say something like check this before posting. and click nutrient difficencies. and youll get your answers. btw, welcome to mp. how many do you have of those lights and whats the wattage on those each and how close do you have them?

well they are clones and im pretty sure they were started on 1-14-07. Both are about 8-10 inches tall and Ive been tryin to keep them around 4 or 5 inches from the bulbs. The lights are 20inches long and 15WattS
thanks for the welcome this seems like a cool place

skeet

Sounds like your plants are getting too many nutes to me. Fox Farms organic soils are pretty nute heavy, and your plants are pretty young. Add watering them every day (at the very least you should be watering more like every third say) and you're gonna let those plants sip up way more nutes than they need. Start figuring our a water schedule that allows some days between waterings and write it down, its much easier to keep your plants in good shape this way. Also You must get a PH meter ASAP, its much harder to diagnose plant problems when you don't know your PH, not to mention giving your plants PHed water is about the best thing you can do for them. You should look into getting some new lights too, 15 watts is wayyyy to little for a CFL, look for some 40 watters that can screw into your light sockets or something, anythings better than the 15 watter, and that being said, you can bring your lights just an inch or two away from your plants.

Maybe when you go to your hydro store for nutes and a ph tester (don't get the cheap green prong type, thats a common mistake)you could pick up a couple of good cfl lights, they should have em for cheap.

yeah i just got a pH tester today and am now giving the right pH level water. The tester showed my water is around 7.0 or more cuz it lookde darker. But now i have around 6.0 i guess.

Latest posts

Back