help! long flower period, too long...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miah

Reaction score
2nd grow, bagseed
they went 12/12 on dec 16
still not ready
any suggestions? have timer set at 11/13 currently, no light leaks

i will post pics shortly

miah said:
2nd grow, bagseed
they went 12/12 on dec 16
still not ready
any suggestions? have timer set at 11/13 currently, no light leaks

i will post pics shortly

Some strains take as long as 12-14 weeks of flowering.

Tell us about your lighting, plant size, nutrients etc.

3 females ranging 30-36 inches in height
used MH for veg and HPS for flower
using lights borrowed from a friend, not sure of exact wattage
only thing i read on the HPS is Leviton 8756 and when i googled it it came up as "up to 400w hps" guessing its either a 250w or 400w

i am using a 60x mag to check trichomes, still some clear, mostly cloudy and maybe an amber one vary rarely.

using FF nutes trio pack

IMGP1435.jpg

YUM! Those looks like NICE buds! They look like their almost done, but yea strains can take anything from 6 weeks up to 14 or even 15 weeks to flower and then even take longer depending on their condition.

Hang in there man, if you got the odd amber trich already then it won't be long..prob another week, 2 tops :)

so would you consider it week 12 or would you allow a few days

started dec 16

I'd start counting how long its been flowering from the day it first presented pistils that weren't pre-flowers from vegging. So that should be a few days to 2 weeks from when you switched to 12/12.

Hope that helps, it looks like mighty fine bud though!

They definitely look fantastic. Just hold out until the right time. Would be a shame to chop those beautiful buds early. I bet its hard though judging by how good those look! Stay vigilant and you will be trimming piles of bud before long. Keep us posted and good luck with your impending harvest. Take care my friend.

IMO count a weeks worth of growth after you switched the lights to flowering times. Them plants lookd good :aok: if your looking for abody buzz IMO id take them now and ge tehm drying but if you want the man im so baked i cant move leave them for another 2 weeks, one last half amount watering and let her start drying up. Great job on the grow.

Great job bro. Nice to see you have the patience needed. Keep it up, and I think you should get some nice genetics and you'll be on point!!!!!!!

Those look great!

You could always take a sample from one of the lower bud-sites and flash- dry it. :hubba: It wont taste as good as properly cured bud, but you will get an idea if it is ready to chop or not.

i have actually been sampling along during the process.
i cut 2 branches off each 2-3 weeks ago, before the 60x arrived
like i mentioned earlier it was really difficult to tell with the 30x so i decided to sample alittle and try for myself....not too bad but could be more potent......but then again it always could be

my SnowWhite goes 14 weeks easily for amber to show in trichs.

some thai strains go even longer, like 18 weeks.

Be aware that some plants they don;t turn @ all eh!

Perpetual crops (matunaska mint for example) will keep grwing so long as the top bud is never damaged.

This is extrmely rare though, I would say cut max @ 11 weeks, anything after that is an invitation for mold, mildew or other nasties.

Mine look further along still (bagseed too, but maybe not as pretty as yours) and I'm in the same boat. Still waitin................

LOL, yeah, guess I should look at that ehh? Was some pretty bagseed though, wasnt it?

Latest posts

Back