Help me identify this problem. Please!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinisterhand

Shut up and drive.
Reaction score
So I have made the switch from soil to ebb and grow. The ppm's are 1000 ish, the ph is consistently between 5.9 and 6.3, I am following the technaflora grow schedule to the letter, grow medium is hydroton, humidity is around 40%, the temps are a little on the warm side 90's lights on 70's lights off, the plants are under 4 600 watt hps's, their is a lot of air flow.The current grow is a mix of plants. My Mr nice is taking the worst beating of all the blue widow is doing the best. Some of the leaves look like they were splashed with bleach, little white specks all over the leaves, others like Mr nice looks like extreme nute burn. I'm lost please help.

2011-09-28_19-14-50_470.jpg

2011-09-28_19-15-19_157.jpg

2011-09-28_19-15-28_201.jpg

2011-09-28_19-15-36_623.jpg

Ithink Hydro ph is supose to be 5.3-5.8 ..Im a dirt grower though...and have ya looked under the leaf with a scope..se if ya see any bugs ?..

take care and be safe

4u is correct--your pH is too high. I would recommend getting your pH in line first. I am guessing that you are having some nute lockout because of your high pH. I never follow nute schedules "to the letter". Different strains will have different nutrient needs. Are you using only one res with your varied strains?

Second, you really need to get those temps down. The 90s are too high. Also, just moving air around is not enough. Do you have some decent exhaust fans and are you actually bringing in fresh air and exhausting out old air? What exactly is your ventilation? How large is your space?

yeah man get ur PH down to about 5.5-5.9 and keep it there. and install an air-conditioner brotha man thats way to high for temps. or shut off one of the 600's to start. you wanna stay under 80 ideally. are you spraying anything on the leaves with the lights on?

I will get right on the Ph. I am following the schedule to give myself a base line to work with in the future. I have no experience with hydro, I have always been a dirt guy. I realize different strains have different needs, so I am keeping the ppm's medium low. Next batch will be all one strain, it was a great idea but not praticle to do a multi strain grow on my first go around. I am using a single res. I have two box fans moving air in my space, I have a Mfan bringing in 700 plus cmf and the same vented out, my lights are on a separate exhaust system. No a/c because I will blow the fuse box. It's starting to cool off here, quickly. So hopefully temp doesn't remain a issue.

2011-09-29_07-40-32_486.jpg

2011-09-29_07-41-32_511.jpg

No sprays lights on, no on the mites and I wish I could bring down the temps. Our weather changes fast and soon temp won't be a issue.
I changed the ph this morning and I will continue to keep a close eye on it.
the advice doesn't fall on deaf ears, thank you for the help.

Latest posts

Back