Help me make up my mind......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subnaum

Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while since I posted here. Its snowy out so not alotta growin going on. Well I have a pretty big descision to make. I am at a point in my life where im at a cross road. One road will lead me to the Navy, and the other will lead me to having a nice lil basement grow that will pay for rent,food, and diapers. Everyone in my family has been in some sort of armed forces.I just really dont think I have the mantality to do that though. On the one hand, I would be able to travel and see the world, something I have always wanted to do. Im not to keen on gettin shouted at and having to march everyday though.lol
Alot of my friends are slightly older than I,and are growers. I see them and they are LOVING life!! They just handle there business,keep it low key and take care of there families. I want that. I love growing. Theres something thats almost spiritual about it.... I dont want my life to revovle around violence and war....... I guess what Im lookin for is any input from someone who has been through maybe a similar situation. I just want to do whats best for my family. I know that no one can make up my mind but me, but a lil help dosnt hurt. Thanks......

You gotta make your own decision about that. One bit of advice: You can't support a family from behind bars fer dealing.

You've already made up your mind, you're just looking for validation. If you had realisticly ever entertained the idea of enlisting in the millitary you would'nt be on a MJ forum asking this question.
Soooo my advice is go in the Navy, you could apparently do with some training as far as responsibility. You say you need to pay for sundry items, one of wich is diapers. I can only assume you have a child. How could any parent be in this quandry? Easy, because your selfish and errisponsible. The chances you're willing to take is your business, but the fact is, your placing your pleasures above your responsibility as a parent.
Just my 2cents.

i know im new to the forum but thought i would mention this as i kinda knw what u mean. alot of my family has been in the Armed forces as well. and i was planing on joining as a marine last year. my reasoning was that i would be able to save some money during my service, and see the world a lil before i settle down.
now although if that was the plan it would be great n i would go for it. but like urself me being shouted at is sumthing i dnt think i would be able to handle without having a smoke as well.
also both options are not exactly ideal for your family. on one hand u could be locked up on the other you could be killed in a war. there are risks to everything. if you have a green thumb and are dnt like violance then why not just carry on as you are low key and get a cover part time job, n save some money to see the world. lifes to short to do somthing just for tradition.

at the end of the day its up 2 you to pick the better of the 2 evils. just dont make your self unhappy, as i said life is to short

Um how about just getting a job and growing only fer you?

You might try listening to the lyrics of "In The Navy" by The Village People and then deciding . . .:banana: :bolt:

Join the navy, stay away from the fleet. Go Seabees.

Never forget who you are, what your values are and what you really like.

Avoid being brainwashed in bootcamp, by others. Avoid letting others think for you unless you need to.

Open your eyes, shut your mouth, learn, maintain under the radar mentality and you will be fine.

...stay away from drugs while in the service....and nasty chicks.

Seabees is actualy what I would be doing Effen gee! Im not tryin to be a huge dealer, dont get me wrong guys. I jus look at it as something that I actual like to do, grow weed. I use it for medical reasons. I have EXTREME anxiety that goes in hand with depression. Thus another reason why I dont know if the navy is for me.. I realize that no one can make up my mind, I just needed an outside view. The girl friend is fine with it. She would almost rather do that than to have to completely uproot and move across the country. I dunno..... Thanks guys. I just have thinking to do.

How about your own buisness at home? Not dealing but a legitimate buisness you could do from home?

O and if I do stay here, the plan is to put the gf, soon to be wife, through school. I will be also working part time. I couldnt stand having to stay home all day. We have family here that helps with the baby.

Rockin man you got a plan! I understand the other part but don't personaly agree, but i'm not in your situation either. Brother good luck to ya and i keep a good thought fer ya!

I was a pot head before going into the military, going in was the best thing I did. I grew up, and handled my responsabilities, and have never regretted any of it. It wasn't all sunshine and roses...but neither is life. Join...do your part for your country, for your pride, and make your mother proud...and your baby someday. You have the rest of your life to grow some herb...this isn't a career, if it is, you'll only end up in the joint anyway, so you'd be better off joining.

As far as getting yelled at, you will come to love your drill instructors, their yelling will make you laugh in just a short time, If you have half a brain, you will realize the game they are playing and learn to play it...if you don't learn to play it you will be kicked out...do yourself a favor man! Go Find the person your going to become....when you come home all your friends will still be doing the same old crap...20 yrs later those people are going to be doing the same old crap.

I sat in a bar with a 70 yr old right before I joined up, and all he could talk about was that 1 time he went to florida....I told myself I'm not going to be that guy sitting in a bar for 50 yrs and never done anything. The Gulf war broke out (Desert Storm 91) and I left....do what you know you should do.

I think thats what Im going to do. Ill go do my first tour,see how it goes. Its only 4 years. If I hate it I can stop after that. It would be nice to do it for maybe 8 years, bank up my money, and just be able to have a garden for myself. Then have the money to move to a state where its leagal. Thanks for the insight guys. i appreciate it alot!

what about the reserves or whatever that only go a few weeks a year and weekends? do both? IDK...but please really think about this the service is a huge commitment...can u leave your family for months at a time? maybe more? I would do a pro and cons list to have everything right in front of me..

if you are allready saying you dont have the "mentallity" for the navy, then dont do it! enlisting isnt going to make you have the mentallity. If your on the fence about going in, dont do it! People who arent ready, make the biggest fleet **** birds. Whatever you do, if you go in, dont tell the recruiter you smoke, because then they have to get a waiver for you, and waivers equall less m.o.s. (jobs) that you can pick from. Hello chow hall! They wont tell that to you, but trust me its true. Just so you know 6 month floats, are not glamorous, 5 and half months at sea, for 2 weeks in ports is not worth it. Especially if your ships company, you may never touch land while deployed. Plus with iraqastan going you may be deployed your whole enlistment. Not knocking the service, but you gotta want to do it, and expect nothing, then you will be happy. Dont listen to any promisies that anyone makes to you before or after your sworn in. Just so you know, there is no beating a military piss test, they stand there and watch the urine leave your body.

yeah...I don't know anything about the navy...something about being on a ship in the middle of the ocean scares me, so I opted for jumping out of perfectly running airplanes, and helicopters...Good advice on not telling about smoking. I told my recruiter right after takeing the ASVAB, he wanted me to go take my physical, and I told him I couldn't, he was cool, but some are not. He went and bought me a bottle of goldseal (that was the stuff back then) and took my phys 2 weeks later. I was a long haired loud mouth kid, always talking back, getting kicked out of school etc...but when I decided to go into the military I knew I had to play by the rules. I ended up being distingiushed honor grad of my whole boot camp Company..you just have to figure out if you are capable of playing the mind games, if you really don't think you are, then maybe it isn't for you...I was also single with no kid, so you do have that to weigh...don't rush into anything...you just kind of scared me when you talked about growing like it was comparible to a career...don't fall into that, you don't want to visit your baby in prison.

Join the seabees, get stationed with NMCB 1 (first and the finest) and enjoy 7 months here, and 7 months overseas....on land....running around pl,aying war games with the brits and marines. Work on equipment that is older than your dad with limited tools and supplies. Drink every night till 4 am and get up at 5 for a 5 mile run in the hot and humid. Go wreck diving in guam. Hang from the bottom of a blackhawk. Fly in an ac-130 (Uncomfortable does not even touch the sating in those things) for 12 hours. Hurry up and wait. Go through boot KNOWING you will become part of a small, essential, unconventional part of the navy...the US Seabees (Construction Battalion, CB, seabee)

Hoorah shipmate.

Nmcb-1 Alpha Co.

...And I forgot to mention, you get to play with ALOT of guns, moartars, claymores, flares, cqb, first aide, 50 cal (mounted or not) Grenade launchers and LMG's.

...and you get to paint your face too.

Hello my friends! Im so glad that I can come here and ask a question and actually get rational answers from pretty down to earth people. I told my best buddy about what I posted. He laughed. For some reason he still thinks that all stoners and growers are lazy fat kids that still live at home with mom.:rolleyes: Shows what the general public knows right??
So my plan is to go ahead and enlist. Im gonna do something to make mom and dad proud. My plan is to do at least 8 years then be able to come out of the service, buy my own house on a hill somewhere, then get my green thumb working. I got my whole life to grow this wonderful herb. I need to take care of my family first though. I can forgo a lil bit of yelling in order to provide what my child needs.
You will see me again though! I will eventual do what my heart longs to do. Thanks to all of you once again. I thank you all!!!

just a suggestion, don't sign up for all 8 at one time, take the minimum you can take at first. That way if you don't like it you can still get out honorably if it's not your thing. You can always re-enlist when your original enlistment is about up.

Latest posts

Back