Help me pick which beans to choose..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
Well my first crop is drying and my second crop is in flowering(4th wk)..First crop was caves, a snowcap cross. Secon crop is dutch passion blueberry, white label double gum, dinafems cali hash and blue hash. In my veg chamber I have clones from my second crop in a bubbler, along with 7 purple wreck and 5 querkle.. I want to do another 4 seeds, but am undecided as to which seeds to do..

Overall goal for the next couple of crops is to find some kickass phenos to preserve as mothers to supply clones for future sogs. I plan to do sogs to get all hard nugs, quick harvests.. Im trying to find colorful, potent mothers that are mold resistent, not hermi prone, and put out a nice yield.. sounds like the perfect strain..

So, heres what I have to choose from, to add to my purple wreck and querkle crop..

Mandala Speedqueen*******
DNA La Confidential********
Dinafem Blue Widow
Dinafem Blue Hash(already doing)
Dinafem White Widow
Dinafem Powerkush
Dinafem Calihash(already doing)
DNA RP Purple Wreck(already doing)
Blackberry
White Label Super Skunk(Prob wont germ bc I tried 7 others and none did)
Bubblegum x White Widow
Bubblegum x AK
Cave(already did for first crop)
TroubleMaker
Nirvanas AK48
Lavender
Nirvanas Bubblelicious
Lowryder(def. not doing after my last experience with lowlife hindu kush)
Nirvanas New Purple Power
Orange Krush x Blueberry
White Label Double Gum(Already doing)
Blue Mountain Jamaican x Chronic
NL #5 x Haze(not doing due to height requirements 6'6)
Ducksfoot 99 x Clips
Bros Grim C99 F3******
Blueberry Kush #10*************
Cherry Malawi x DP99********

Stars denote ones Im really interested in doing..
So, Mandalas speedqueen, DNA LA Confidential, C99, Blueberry Kush #10, and Cherry Malawi x DP99..

Out of those, which would you do and why?

thanks!

white widow is always a potent winner. I am growing powerkush right now. also the blue widow they are just babies.

Im really concentrating on selecting 4 or 5 beans from one of Mandalas speedqueen, DNA LA Confidential, C99, or Blueberry Kush #10..
What do u guys think out of those? they are all so different!

As much as I like variety, I think choosing 4 or 5 beans from 1 strain would be a better choice than doing one or two of 1 strain and 1 or two of another because I would get a wider range of phenos to select a good mother from with 4 or 5 beans, plus some will turn male, although i have had an exceptional rate of females to males..

thanks guys

2Dog said:
white widow is always a potent winner. I am growing powerkush right now. also the blue widow they are just babies.
thx 2dog, but since I am still fairly new, I am looking for quick flowering times, and Ive heard most white widows go for 10+ weeks.. My caves that I just grew went 10 weeks, so im wanting something a little quicker.

Ive been thinking about doing 5 la confidential.. seems u cant go wrong with it.

I have 2 LA WOMEN they are doing great DNA seeds work well for me. good luck with those!

ya my dna rp purple wrecks are kicking ***. they germinated incredible length in 2 days and broke the soil on the third day! super fast!

very cool! right now I have a big variety of free seeds going. figured I would elarn inside growing on those. My pineapple express popped first so thats exciting..

smoking my bubblegum right now..

bud 0921 007.jpg

eh I am up and bored anyways...doing laundry smokin.

Just a FEW choices? :holysheep: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

Can we narrow it down just a bit? :confused:

You're KILLING me R999... You've got enuf strains to get you thru Armeggon! I am sitting here in my living room at 230 in the morning totally LOL! :p :laugh: :rofl:

WHEW! Sorry... I really needed to get that out of my system before I look at the list and try to add a useful 2 cents... I thought that I liked variety... lol...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT... Okay I'm really baked and didn't read very well... I saw ALL the strains and glazed over... lol... I see the asterisk and what it means... VERY helpful.... lol...

EDIT 2... hopefully something useful... I'm inspired!

Okay... looked them over again... I vote C99! A true genetic classic used as a building block for many fine strains... And the NL5 x Haze is one of the best strains I ever grew all 13-14 weeks of it each time... Growing and flowering from seed is tough but can be done if you flower right away but NL5 x Haze can be managed with limited vertical height much better by flowering clones small and some LST canopy management... If you have the veg space pop some beans, veg the plants until you can take a couple cuttings to eventually flower and put the potential mom(s) aside to veg or put the seedling in 12/12 at 5-6 weeks when alt nodes appear on new growth. I'd prune them at 12-15" to lollipop them and tie down the 4 branches to the pot and spread the canopy open... I'd pinch some of the lower branches but also leave some for bud development and save all the fan leaves throughout the opened up canopy. Doing this 'lazy lollipop' technique will result in growing large colas on each mainstem and a pretty even canopy of medium sized developing buds... NL5 x Haze and other haze is great to do just one or two of in your grow after you find your pheno... I like to put a sativa over on the far side of the room and let it go while doing quicker strains. It's something REALLY special. I'll def grow it again...

Rock ON! :headbang2:

I think you should pop some lavender beans, I keep trying to get a clone but every time I go to the club they are sold out...

Latest posts

Back