***HELP*** Miss Yellow Leaf WW???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeybtoken

Reaction score
SOS HELP HELP HELP!!!
I have six five other WW in this grow that look great, with the exception of My Miss Yellow Leaf!!!

I'm growing AMS White Widow in Subcool Soil at 50% mix.
I have been using using Fox Farm Nutes.
Plant is four weeks into flower under 1000W HPS@12/12
Humidity 30-50 Temps 70-80 Floor to tops of the plants
Flower Room is 5.5x12 With good air flow

She has been the most sensitive of the bunch, she started having lighter color issues at about the last third week of veg. Started first feeding shortly after but did not seem to help her.
I have fed her three time now with no more than 1/8 strength FF nutes. The first time I fed her it burned her leaf tips, so I backed off and have only given her two more very light feedings. Which did not seem to help with the yellowing.
I have battled low PH problems and have been using PH UP (Potassium Hydroxide) on all of the plants. I've been giving them all 7-8 + - PH'd water about every other watering, adjusting as needed per plant.
Her PH was 6.4 (run off) 6.7 (soil) two nights ago. From the start she just does not seem to be responding like the rest????
As you can see in the pics some parts of her look OK other than the lighter color. I have five other plants for the most part...same everything that look great???
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Thanks In Advance!!!!!
Peace!!!!
MBT

Here are some pics.

I think I'm going to flush her to see what happens??? I can't imagine that less of the same nutes would make one plant from the same strain lush green and the other yellow and dying but that's the cards I'm lookin at.
If I have learned one thing from reading though this section for the past few days....it seems that you experienced growers have learned to treat each plant AS NEEDED INDIVIDUALLY! No matter what the rest say???
Listen to the plant!!!!! I can't hear her but My dummy head butt wad turd brain.... says flush, (I really hate not being able to curs right now) LOL
Treat the soil not the plant!!!!!!
Damit Jim...OK that's just a little one, now I feel better.
Help me..... Help me!!!

Hard to tell with those pics..you shld take some with the hps light off so the color shows up in the pics...they don't look that bad...I always get some leaf yellowing here and there when flowering...

I've been giving them all 7-8 + - PH'd water

this is too high she is prob nute blocked..?? also is she in a big enough pot? root bound?

Hey Hamster thanks for the look see and the advice!!!
I will try some different light with my pics here this week.
This one plant is a little extreme especially compared to the rest.

Hey what up 2dog? Thanks man! Oh my pots are 7gal.

C@jun Hope that room of your is going well!!! Thanks!!!

Mr Alistair Thankyou Thankyou!!!!

Many Many thanks to you ALL!!!

So I think that I get it, take sum beter pics and LOWER THE PH ON MY WATER???

OK so lets say that I have water that is 6.5 I add 2/3 cup to 1/3 cup of
soil, and it test at 5.8
Then I poor the 6.5 water through and my run off is 5.2
What PH water would you guys water with at the next watering on this plant?

Let me take it one step further.
Lets say that when I gave this same plant 7.0 water, it's run off was 4.8 at the next watering.

It was in that situation that I gave this plant 7.5-8.0 watering which brought the run off up to 6.2 at the next watering.

I'm not sure if I made any sense there, it sounded better the first time I tried it but I lost the post when I went back to look at something.
Anyway Thanks Again!!!!!!!!
I will keep my water at 7.0 and give an actual account of my notes at my next waterings or until I make sure I get this right.

Peace MBT

I might be in the minority but I don't check my soil run off...I ph my water and nutes to the right ph and just use them...

Hey Thanks for the help Hamster!!!
I can see that seems to be working for you....quite well I might add. Ya I have spent more than a few hours in those journals of yours drooling over those huge buds, especially that first big one that took like ten plus weeks. That was one awesome plant by the way!!!! As a matter of fact your first soil/dwc journal is the one that hooked me!!! Heck you made it look easy!!!

Anyway....sorry I get side tracked easily, it's a combination of pain, morphine and never enough good bud............

Back to the task at hand. I was not testing as much while everything was going smoothly, but since my yellowing issues I have been testing the crap out of everything, almost daily!
This is an actual account of what I came up with yesterday. I will just list the run off to make this a bit easier for me to try to explain what I'm doing.
So plant #1,2,3 where given 7.0 waterings last night, the run off on plant #1 was 6.1 #2-5.8 and #3-5.9
So what I have been doing up until now, is at their next watering, I would have added PH'd UP water @ about 8.0?????????????
Usually this would bring my run off to about 6.2-6.8 for a couple of weeks, which are the numbers that I've been shooting for. As long as they stay in that range I don't mess with them and I give them straight 7.0 water and FF nutes. I will keep updating what I'm actually doing and comming up with for a couple of weeks here to see if we can get my yellow girl back on track.
From this point forth I will seperate my six plants into two groups #1,2,3 and #4,5,6 #6 is my problem plant.
I will then continue to update exactly what I'm doing so that anybody that would like to weigh in on what I'm doing can certainly feel free to do so, I'm all ears!!!!!!!!
For now I will leave out the FF nutes until I get things back on track. I tried to get some pics with the HPS lights off but I will have to get some other source of lighting for good pics to show you all the real reason for my concern.
Thanks Again As Always!!!
This place rocks and you all make it look easy!!!

Peace MBT

I only check run-off if there starts to be an issue with the plants, otherwise i also just ph the water with nutes and then just use it......Cant really tell from yer pics, lighting is too orange from the hps

I had the same problem on my last grow... There was too much peat in the soil which made the PH go down to about 3 or 4.. I would always check the run off.. And then flush and flush with water from the tap without PH adjusting.. Then check the run off again.. If it is still low keep flushing. Then stop adding PH down to the solution..

Greenthumberish, killing plants 1 at a time since 1981........... Too Funny!
Sorry about the pics, I tried to take pics with the lights off and I've been messing with my camera w/o much luck! I could take pics off a leaf or two off but not sure that would do much good. They are pretty much just yellow leafs !!! Thanks for looking and your thoughts, I will continue to work on some better pics.

RiskyPack "I really do need Marijuana to sleep, doc!"
I hear ya brother!!!!! I don't sleep for crap unless I take pain pills or smoke enough weed. Even then I can only sleep for about 3-6hrs at a time.
Thanks RP
One of my other problems has been that my tap water can run as low as 5.5 so flushing has not seemed to help bring it back up unless my tap water is running closer to 7. Actually this past week is the first time that my tap water has been over about 6.5 It seems to average 6.0-6.5

Hey Big Thanks to everyone for weighing in here!!!!!!!

Like I said last night I will keep a little log going here for a bit. I hope nobody minds? I'm not trying to steal the show I'm really just hopping to try to save myself some grief, pick some of your brains, and then some buds here soon. I've worked my but off to get to this point and I only have four more weeks left.....I hope??????

OK so on to tonights events...
I watered plants #4 and #5 with straight 6.8 tap water and will continue to leave #6 alone due to a flushing a few days back. Plant #4 had a PH of 6.7 and plant #5 had a PH 6.3.
Plant #6 My Miss Yellow Leaf lost a few leafs and seemed to be a bit worse after her flushing. I have a few yellowing leafs on a few other plants but nothing like her. She has about 25% pure yellow leafs 25% yellowish green leafs and the other 50% is very light green. There is some burning and curling as well. I have dicontinued any nutes to take that out of equation.
You all seem to have pretty much the same thoughts about the matter. LAY OFF THE PH UP AND GIVE EM STRAIGHT WATER!!!
Makes my job a bit easier.
To be completely honest I'm amazed that they all made it this far and that the rest look as good as they do, so if I get anything out of this first grow I'll be stoked. I'm pretty sure that I would have already been starting over with out the help of this site and those that contribute to it.

Straight water, check
No more PHUP, check
Better pics, check
Less than four weeks, ch e c k ???????
Off to try to get some rest, check
Smoke lots of weed first, big check
Thanks Everybody, dbl check
LOL, check

Peace MBT

On my last Post what I ment by "worse" was that I had some burned leafs. Which continues, some of the burned leafs have been basically falling off when touched. I have lost about a dozen or more leafs in the past week.
Other than that and her color she actually does not look too bad? I had a few yellowing leafs on a couple of other plants but only to what seems to me to be a more normal level compared to her.
None of the others are even close to this color yellow....yet?
PH run off was 6.7 with 6.8 watering, soil test was 6.8
She has just a little over three weeks left.
Hopefully here are some better Pics.
My goal is to try to learn how not to do this again no matter what happens to her???
What do you think went wrong?
PH
Soil Nutrients
Fox Farm Nutrients
Combo
???

Peace And Thanks For Looking!!!
MBT

I think your plants have been saved by you good and quick effort... They will survive a lot. If you look at my second grow, you'll see how in the end the plants had lost all fan leaves, but still they kept on budding. I'm sure you will also get some superb buds from this grow.

Edit: I think it was a PH issue.. nothing else. Try hydro.. You'll never go back to soil again.

Thanks RiskyPack
I dont have much concern for the rest of my plants, yet? As for My Miss Yellow Leaf I'm still concerned for her. She has lost about a third of her fan leafs and continues to not look so well.

Anyway so heres my update
Plants 1,2,3 still have lower PH's of 6.0-6.5 but they look extremely healthy and if they smoke half as good as they smell, Ill be stoked.
Plants 4,5,6 have PH's 6.7-6.9 Plants 4 and 5 are starting to show a bit more yellowing. Nothing like plant #6 She is loosing leafs like crazy!!! Even so the buds don't look bad at all. As a matter of fact I'm really surpized at how well they do look. The buds on her still seem to be growing remarkably well. I will be surpized if she doesn't still yield at least a couple OZ's
That being said, in some ways she looks like a different plant compared to my best plants.
Here are a couple of pics of one of my nicer buds along with my first hermie so far out of the bunch.:confused: The bummer is that it came off my mother plant. I will likely kill off her clones, but I will wait to see if she shows more of these before I decied what to do about her???
I think that I've got at least another week or two and they could easily go up to three more weeks.
Trics are from 70% clear on most plants, to 80% milky on #6 so she looks like she will be the first to go???
As Always Any Thoughts Greatly Appreciated

Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays To All!!!
Peace MBT

Latest posts

Back