Help Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just wanted to put this in here as well because a lot of ppl look around in here. Not shure what is wrong, but something is wrong and does need attenshion real fast!

Ok I think I found it! I think I have the middle stages of Magnesium deficiency! :eek:

My book said to treat by watering with two teaspoons of Epssom salts (magnesium sulfate) per gallon of water! I think that is for soil thought not shure?

But it says that for Mg def. If the def. progresses to the top of the , it will turn green there first. In four to six days, it will start moving down the plant, turning the lower leafs progressively greener???

I also nocied that a few of the other plants leafs tips are crisping out aswell. The worst one is not turning greener but is lighter in color then the rest? The others are not turning lighter in coloer, they are the same color as they always been. But I did notice that some of them are forming white/dryed out spots on some of the leafs, not may but like 2-4 per plannt.

So I have no clue what going on, but it is getting worse, and not looking good!

i cant even begin to answer this w/o pics bro. this sounds like a sick plant section question. theres guidelines to go by when asking for help with a mj related problem. like, type of soil. type of lights. type of nutes, etc...

but mostly, pics...

System- DWC
Light- 400w MH
Plant- WW and NL
Room temp- 75/78f day - Night 65/68f
Intake/out-take- 180cfm
Room- 6x4x6
Ph- 5.8/9
EC- 1.8
Water Temp- 75ish
Nutes- GH3

1.jpg

1.2.jpg

1.3.jpg

dude those plants look fine! I don't do hydro but it's my opinion that epsom should only be used as a quick fix. It's a source of Mg, but if you used some trace nutes, or even a ca mg ...molasses provides alot of this...but I don't know how that works in hydro.

But really your plants don't look that bad.

What's your pH? alot of times it's just that your pH is whacked out and your nutrients are locked out. They (nutes) are there but your roots can't take them in.

I'm with LF, the plants look great. Another solid feeding will have them looking even better. Epsom salts would help with a Mg issue but they look fine.

Mg def shows in the middle and lower leaves first typically. Leaf veins will stay green but other parts of the leaf will yellow and the edges can dry out and get crispy on you. As it progresses it can yellow the plant further to the top but visually you will usually pick it up in mid and lower fan leaves first. It's accompanied by purplish stems and rusty brown spots sometimes. If it gets bad leaf tips will brown and curl upwards.

High EC, high Ca levels and excessive Potassium can all lead to Mg lock-out.

Regardless, they look solid................:guitar: :headbang2: :ccc:

I'll agree with these guys. If anything it just looks like you may have been too rough with a few leaves. Like maybe your fan is too close and it's beating the tips off of a few or the leaves are rubbing against each other too much. No big either way.

Thank you everyone :) I have been reading non stop sence I have posted this and I think it is a few this.

1. To many plants in one res, 7 plants in 12 gal res. Causing some to get the right amount of nutes and other not enough.
2. I found this one thread and the dudes plants looked identical to mine, he was just slighty over feeding them so ill nutes burn. I think that may be the main cause, but other things are going on.
3. Yes my fan is way to big for them and was beating the SHt out of them, but LOL thats not a problem any more because it pooped on me tonight. :rofl: Even funnier its still winter here so stores dont have fans right now just heaters :rofl: This is a problem butttttt I think I can steal one from my aunt lol
4. From me over feeding I may have nute block now :rolleyes:

So tomorrow AS SOON AS I CAN going to drop my EC to 1 from 1.5, get a smaller fan and do a Eposn spray. But everything I have read no one has said to do it when the light is off or on :confused:

Thank you vary much everyone :cool2: :) :yay: :D

Latest posts

Back