Help, What's wrong? Pics and Detailed Info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ataraxia

Organic Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 4 plants growing, ranging from 2-5 weeks old. All of them are still in veg, getting 24 hours of light a day. They are all showing varying degrees of the same problem. One symptom is that the lower leaves have rusty coloring on the edges and tips. This appeared at least 2 weeks ago, and I didn't really do anything to remedy it besides testing my water pH with every watering, and only watering every 4 days. Also some plants have what looks to be nute burn. This resulted after their second dose of nutes. The first feeding went fine, but I upped the strength a bit too much, and they turned yellow.

Strain: K2 (70%Indica30%Sativa)

Light:
250W digital ballast HPS, on 24/7 20" from plant tops

Soil:
Mix of FoxFarm Ocean Forest, Perlite, Lime, and Seedling Starter

Water:
I used distilled water, pH of 6.75. When I used nutes, my pH was 6.4

Temp/Humidity:
80-88*F and around 40% humidity

Nutes:
Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow Organic Nutrients 3-1.5-4
I have used nutes on 3 of the 4 plants. I first gave them 5mL/gallon dose, which they reacted to fine, and showed no burn. The next watering (4 days later) I gave 2 of them 10mL/gal, and the other 1 5mL/gallon

Problems: Like I said above, the rusty colored leaves is still a problem. I tested the pH of the water running out the bottom of the pots, and it ranged from 6.58-6.99. Coincidentally the plants that had 6.58 and 6.75 pH are healthier than the 2 6.99 plants. The nutrient solutions I mixed had a pH of 6.5 for the 5mL/gal and 6.35pH for the 10mL/gal. I watered them a few hours before these pictures were taken with just distilled water, pH of 6.75. I used plain water because I'm pretty sure some have nute burn.

Please look at my pictures and review the info provided and let me know what you think.

pic1: Plant1
pic2: rusty leaf tip from plant1
pic3: rusty/orange leaf tip from plant 1 run-off pH 6.58

pic4: plant2
pic5: yellow/brown leaf from plant 2
pic6: rusty leaf from plant 2 run-off pH 6.75

pic7: plant3
pic8: rusty leaf tip
pic9: rusty/brown/yellow leaf run-off pH 6.99
rusty/brown areas are brittle and crumble to the touch

pic10: plant4 yellow/rusty/brown spotted leaves towards bottom
pic11: yellow/brown leaf with spots
pic12: yellow/darkbrown/black leaf run-off pH 6.99

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1523.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1536.JPG

Here's what I would do... But there are plenty of other things you could try as well.

It looks like there is an issue with lockout of nutes. So, for one week, about 2 waterings, Just give straight pH adjusted water. The plants will be fine without food for that long. They are weeds so they can take a lot of abuse. There are a lot of things going on in there like nute burn and micro problems. If you give nothing but water, you will be starting with a clean slate and the plant will have time to adjust itself.

How much lime did you add to your soil mix?

i guess nute burn man not sure same thing was happinig to me also, just couldnt find out, but i was figuring nute burn.

I put about a tablespoon per gallon of soil into the mix. I also used Lime dissolved in water added to my nute solution to bring the pH up. When I added nutes to the distilled water, it brought the ph down to 4.4, I mixed a little bit of lime with water and slowly added this to the nute solution until it came up to 6.35pH, it didn't take much. Is it okay to use lime to adjust my nute solution pH like this, or should I use something else? I used it because it was an organic adjuster instead of the chemical pH up/down formulas.

Using lime to bring pH up is something I have never done before. I stopped testing my pH for the most part... :eek:. I have, however, heard of many growers using lime to bring a soil's pH up. With the lime already mixed into the soil, that may be a bit of overkill on the micros like Mg and Ca.

for the next week use nothing but straight water...you have over fertulized your palnts....thats why the tips are the way they are.
i would flush em out one good time nwxt watering. their dark green coloring give it away along with the crispy leaf tips...sto

Latest posts

Back