Help with my Master Plan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tazz

D Great Conversationalist
Reaction score
Hello all...I'm not new to the art of growing but I need more experienced opinions with a setup I'm considering.

I want to grow a few crops in a grow tent that's 3'X3'X6'. My lighting of choice is a 250w HPS (less heat) with a Lumatek digital ballast, no reflector. An inline 4" 175cfm exhaust will help exchange the air with a few desk fans also. I saw lots of deals on the web for lighting but I'm more concerned about safety above all. Is the lumatek quiet? What about heat? This setup seems good but the lighting may be too small for the growtent. For odor control, I'll run a duct to a 5 gallon bucket with a lid cut out into a series of air fresheners and ona blocks. I'll also have lysol nutra air dispensers in the room too. what'ya think?

The grow is uncertain as well. I know I'll use a mixture of Foxfarm soil with worm casings and perlite. nutes will be fox farm grow big (veg) and big bloom (flower). I need a short stout strain like cherry thai. any others?

please advise of anything I left out.
thanx

for your duct-work, what about a home-made filter? like a furnace filter or two? just an idea

cant see a lot wrong in your way of thinking but that room and the light is off how many lumen is that 250 gonna put out that room is 3'x3' thats 9sq' and that calls for 45K(thousand) lumen other than that it sounds like a good set up id shoot for a 400W if your going HPS or MH on it cause then you'd get 50K lumen into the tent

heres a couple of links to help you out
[thread=17337]MYONAMACINE[/thread]

insidesun inexpensive lights

Thanks for the insight everyone. I will take experienced advice and get the 400w hps. Inside Sun seems reasonably priced but I'm concerned about the safety of the ballast. It doesn't look too stable and it may be noisy. Has anyone purchased this ballast before and had success? I forgot to mention that this setup is only for flowering. I have a box that I built a few years ago courtesy of overgrow that I'll use for the veg area.

yup getting started is that easy if you have the funds to go this route best of luck to you on your grow guy it should be a great one

when you think about it, it'll cost me close to that just getting the light and tent. this deal gives me the whole shabang. it's a good investment into smokng natural killa.

Latest posts

Back