help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and as the plant eats the ph should slowly rise? is that correct?

and as the plant eats the ph should slowly rise? is that correct?
Not always. You will need to get to know your new substrate and water source. My res hardly fluctuates at all between refills. Just check it every day, calibrate your meter every so often, and adjust accordingly.

Try toning it down from a 60 grit to at least 220.

Josh, careful with fish water. It contains nitrogen in the form of urea and even after pH adjustment may burn the plants.

I think he means water that hes prepped for his tank, not the actual fish water. I could be wrong

Phew... take it from someone who has worked in a facility designed to be aquaponics, and was an utter disaster til we completely split into parallel standalone hydroponics and aquaculture systems...
I love fish (i have a degree in fish related science in fact) but dude, they **** a lot of stuff that plants don't like until the microscopic ecosystem has a chance to break it down into appropriate plant treats!

Yeah and nowhere near enough nitrogen for cannabis from what i can tell.

Try toning it down from a 60 grit to at least 220.

Josh, careful with fish water. It contains nitrogen in the form of urea and even after pH adjustment may burn the plants.
no way man thanks for that info what should I do I just did my change but everything's at lower that wat it says like Instead of 7.5 7.5 7.5 i did 6.5 6.5 6.5 as far as the MLS of npk

I think he means water that hes prepped for his tank, not the actual fish water. I could be wrong
no actual fish water that I remove from the tanks at water change it comes out at a ph of 7-8 and ppm of like 800

You should get that water checked out. You really dont know what youre feeding the plants.

I agree with lesso. 800 is a "hot" stock water. Any drinking water lab that runs EPA method 300 for onions should be able to give you nitrate/nitrite for under $100. But since fish metabolism isn't an absolute, you'd have to know how many grams of food they're eating at what water temperature to replicate that result. Most tap water is between 50 and 150 ppm, mostly mineral content but some nitrogen if it's coming from a surface source at the pump station, and the fertilizer manufacturers would use that as a baseline.
If you grow stuff outdoors where there's tons of natural biological activity in the soil, and rain water has virtually no tds, so stuff is getting washed through the soil differently, fish tank water is pretty awesome. Indoors, you almost want to think like a baker putting in exactly a cup of flour and an egg and just trying to do something really predictable if that makes sense?
What kind offish do you have?

Omg it auto corrected to onions. I'm dying.
ANIONS. lolol negatively charged ions, like how nitrogen compounds behave in aqueous solution.
I love technology, it's funny.

I agree with lesso. 800 is a "hot" stock water. Any drinking water lab that runs EPA method 300 for onions should be able to give you nitrate/nitrite for under $100. But since fish metabolism isn't an absolute, you'd have to know how many grams of food they're eating at what water temperature to replicate that result. Most tap water is between 50 and 150 ppm, mostly mineral content but some nitrogen if it's coming from a surface source at the pump station, and the fertilizer manufacturers would use that as a baseline.
If you grow stuff outdoors where there's tons of natural biological activity in the soil, and rain water has virtually no tds, so stuff is getting washed through the soil differently, fish tank water is pretty awesome. Indoors, you almost want to think like a baker putting in exactly a cup of flour and an egg and just trying to do something really predictable if that makes sense?
What kind offish do you have?
I keep south and central american cichlids dovii red tiger mota Jaguars big agressive fish I've got like 20 tanks

Latest posts

Back