HEMPFEST 2007 Northern Ontario

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptbo_Stonerz

PackinThaBowlinOnt_Stoner
Reaction score
Hey all I just wanted to post about an upcoming event in Ontario, Hempfest 2007. Its a 4 day camp and concert smoke out. there is live bands, public speakers, consesion booths etc. You can check it out at http://www.planetarypride.com/hempfest/hempmain.htm its open to everyone over 19, (under 19 with a gaurdian over 19). People from all over Canada and the USA come to this event, which is in its 9th year. Check out the link or contact me via pm for more info. Hope to see some of you @ HEMPFEST 2007 Northern Ont.

Hey Bud What Part Of Northern Ontario You From,,,i Might Be Your Nabour,, You From Suds (sudbury)

I'm not from Northern Ont. I am about 9 hours south. Making the trip to Hempfest cause "who wouldnt?" lol

How can they possibly get away with that?

I sort of want to go find out. :D

Have you been before, Ptbo?

No this is my first year. I believe it is held on private property, the people that put it on provide their own 24 hour security. There is a thing in Canada where "Peaceful Protests" can take place without police presence. It most likely has something to do with that. The whole event is about "OUR right to make our own choices". The biggest thing they promote is cleaning up after yourself. they want to show that 1000's of pot smokers can gather and have a great time without any problems and leave the area cleaner then it was befor they arrived. Try doing that with any other group.

Here is what they say, it can be read in full in the FAQ @ http://www.planetarypride.com/hempfest/hempmain.htm

QUOTE "Hempfest is attended by people from all over North America. We come together with folks from across the continent and celebrate the plant that has been the subject of such controversy over the last 80 years.

Hempfest is a Community in its self. We gather ,once a year ,deep in the Forest's Scenic Northern Ontario and celebrate the Cannabis Plant. There is no commerce per say in Hempfest. But there are a few things that one can purchase such as Food and Drink ( NON ALCOHOLIC), personal cleansing products, hand blown glass work by Laplaya Glass, Dutch Style Coffee Shop and a few memorabilia gifts to take back home. There is a wide range of cultural and ethnic backgrounds represented at Hempfest. We are self policed with 24hr Security Staff and have not had any altercations or incidents over the previous 6 years. Now that is saying something to the world. And that is that the Cannabis Community is a peaceful group of citizens who respect themselfs and others around them. It also shows that we can handle our selfs and that our own policing and policies inside the Hempfest Community work"

Latest posts

Back