hermie diagnosis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk

Reaction score
asked in the grow journal but it doesnt get much traffic so hopefully this isnt a problem.

think i might have nanners.. some weird growth on the sour ak, never had a plant hermie before so im not too sure but it looks very different to me anyway.
any thoughts?
this plant had a light fall on it and cook it for atleast 20 minutes so i was keeping an eye out, i think i caught it early enough if it is.
the plant also shows signs of heat stress on some fan leaves (curling canoeing etc) but temps are good so i havent really been able to stop that.

it is just into week 9 and is looking pretty done so if i have to pull it im not too pushed, theres a jack33 plant in with it that has a few weeks left and i wouldnt like that to be full of seeds so if hermie what would you do? how long do i have till pollens an issue.
i would like to give it a water only feed or two if possible before chopping.

these are on two different buds.
attachment.php

attachment.php

cheers.

they do look like nanners, but they are small yet. It could take a couple days for them to pop.

Yes, that is a hermie. Since you are so close, I would just get tweezers and pull those nanners right out of there. Keep a close eye and try to get them all. If one pops, I don't think your Jack 33 will have enough time to form seeds. However it is a judgement call on your part. If it is done enough for you, go ahead and pull her from the closet and you won't have to worry.

cheers thg and bandit,
yeh i think ill give it one no nute feed and pull just i need the room as it is and its probably 15% amber anyway.
ill have a look over tonight and snip any nanners i find. if theres lots i might just pull as the plant is very dense and its near impossible to see the innards very well. it would be easy to miss some.

thanks for the confirmation :aok:

New2theGame said:
nanners? explain someone if you don't mind :)

Plant turned hermie on the pilgrem, he had female and twords end it sprouted some male balls most folk call them nanners round these here parts I noticed.

BWD

hermaphrodite flowers, male flowers growing on a female due to stress or bad genetics basically. thats why people pay alot of attention to having your tent/room light tight when lights are off and try to keep stress to the plant to a minimum. if they pop up and pollenate other females then they put their energy into making seeds and not so much into resin/tric/bud formation.

im too slow*
yeh they kinda look like bananas

I saw your post on the GJ but am too inexperienced to help. I was eager to see the answer because then I'll know what to look out for with my plants.

Glad to see the answer came so quick.
MP is such a great place.

3 scoops of ice cream, chocolate syrup, crushed nuts and a marashino cherry..:D

Haha Hick, you're funny . . . . glad to see you in good spirits after what you been thru lately . . . but back to seriousness for a minute . . .

Yes, thats male parts and yes, prolly discovered this in time without any ill effects . . . but hey . . . what is everyone's observations about how long you have to find and remove male flowering plants or parts ??

Most I've seen take a few days from when they first appear to when they're fully formed . . . and then they sit there lookin all ready to pop for a few more days at least, before actually opening . . . so close to a week from first emergence until emergency . . . at least . . . has anybody ever seen em appear one day and pop open the next ??

I dunno if there are variations in this time line based on strain, environment, or other factors . . . but I would be very interested to hear what others have seen, because this is a real important issue to deal with when it happens . . . and if we're gonna grow, it's pretty likely that it will happen at some point . . . as BMT can now affirm . . .

Latest posts

Back